1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Al2 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tcouch, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcouch

tcouch Member

I know there are a lot of Beretta guys out there so I hope someone can help.

My wife shoots an AL2, the problem is the second shell is a pain to load because you need to push the bolt release before you can load the second shell. Yes, I realize it’s not the end of the world, but I’m trying to make her life a little easier.

Does anyone know if a trigger group from a 303 can be installed and fix this issue?

Thank you,

Tim

2. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

ACSS knows a lot about Beretta's - so does Tron.....

FRedmon

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Wally or Joe can verify this but i am pretty sure the trigger you have can be modified to eliminate that issue. I have never owned an AL2 but have had a couple 302's. Don't throw it away just yet.

4. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

a 303 trigger will solve your problem-altho when you have a no fire situation, she must push the shell lift button to keep the bolt open, some newer shooters like to pull the bolt open and have it stay each time!! - welcome to call me or email-i have extra 303 triggers- wally riebesell--660-744-4115 cst

5. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

This is what trapshooters.com is all about.....

TNX ACSS

FRedmon

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

someone has taken the little release button out of the trigger group. It holds the lifter plate up slightly. If that button is removed you must push in on the bolt release to load the second shell but the action will stay open anytime you pull it back. You can replace the small spring and button or learn to use the one hand method to set the shell against the lifter plate and press the button in with your finger and slip the shell in with your palm. I like this method but it does work better with a devault/angleport closer button. motordoc

7. tcouch

tcouch Member

Thank you all for your replies.

Wally, I’m writing you an email now.

Motordoctor,

If I understand your correctly. If this gun was "stock", I shouldn’t need to push the bolt close button to load the second shell? Do you have any pictures so I can compare trigger groups?

She has shot many rounds with the gun how it is, but I can see that it is awkward for her on the line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.