1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta AL2 Auto PROBLEM...help!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mette56, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Problem with shell in magazine feeding into chamber when gun is fired. The shell in magazine comes about half of the way out then sticks and bolt stays in open position. Everything looks ok. No broken springs that I can tell. Mag tube spring is strong.

Help...and thanks.

milt

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Take the trigger assy out and make sure the carrier is working correctly. Look also for broken hammer s truts or connector rod. The carrier is like a timing gear and can cause it. If you have another beretta al or 300 series, start switching parts starting with the trigger assy

3. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

cuban,

I tried removing bolt assembly, barrel and trigger. Turned the gun upside down - Loaded shell in magazine - tripped the inside release which holds the shell in the magazine - wham it sticks half way out. If I trip the inside shell holder and the bolt release button on the other side of the receiver at the same time, the shell comes out freely. Also, when the shell sticks, it appears to be canted. I think the shell sticks because of its canted position thus is not coming out straight or in line.

Been shooting these autos since they came out and have never seen this problem.

4. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Hummm...MAYBE a diry magazine tube or worn/dirty magazine follower?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.