1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta AL 391

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Matthew Moser, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Moser

Matthew Moser TS Member

Who shoots a Beretta 391????? What problems have you had?? Tell me about them!

2. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

I had one for 2yr's. Never had a problem. The softest shooting gun i ever owned.I just could not hit with it.Traded it off for a
    K-32. Best thing i ever did.It will probably shoot low to the left. Don't bother sending it back to the factory.They will tell you it is o.k.Also the chokes will not pattern very well.I went with briley chokes.Good luck.

3. boyer

boyer TS Member

I have a 391 Teknys Gold Trap, new April 2006 as a Vandalia Commemorative, Over 14,500 rounds of singles and handicap, clean it every 3500 rounds, never had a problem, it is my gun of choice, only use the o/u for doubles so I don't have to listen to the others complain if my ejects get to close. Use a shell catcher for single events.
    Buy the Teknys over the Urika, nicer wood and recoil absorber in stock.

4. skeet100

skeet100 Member

I do.

Mine does anything a $20,000 O/U will do and does it softer.

I do like my O/U's but a 391 is a "great wonder of the world".

I have seen them shot 1000's upon 1000's of times with no cleaning needed.

I don't shoot much trap but I went to the line the other day and screwed in the IM choke and broke 23, and my two misses where on my first station. Oh by the way, mine is the standard sporting version, not even the trappy model.

I will say one more, you can buy most guns and then start the recoil reduction work and stock fitting work, or you get a 391 and a few $5 washers and fix what can cost many $100's of dollars. If they cost more they may sell more, some feel the more they spend the more they get, it ain't that way with a 391........

5. emm2

emm2 Member

I have had one for over a year about 20,000 rounds. I have not had a single malfunction yet, it has been a great reliable gun.

6. Loyac

Loyac Member

My Teknys Gold is like the energizer bunny... It just keeps on shooting, and shooting and shooting... Close to 20,000 rounds so far. I also got better patterns with Brileys and Wrights chokes than with the factory Optimas. John

7. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

10K + rounds through mine with no problems of any kind. No complaints here. I love mine.

hubcap

8. Sargon

Sargon TS Member

I shoot a Urika 391 Optima Trap. Never a problem and the gun fits like a glove.

For the money this gun is hard to beat.

9. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

I love mine, however I have broke several parts. I can not tell you how many rounds, JUST A BUNCH. I have broke the firing pin return spring, they connector that goes back into the stock and the bolt lever has came out and flew off some where. Cole gunsmith told me to replace spring in the stock about every 5.000 rounds and my trouble would have not happened. I would not trade mine for any other gun by function, if some one wanted to trade me for a Kolar, or something like, OK. However after I sold the other gun, I would have a another 391.

10. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

good advice from Phil: The Technys is overpriced and people have experienced problems with the rib, plating and plastic inserts. You can make a lot of upgrades to a standard Urika 391 for less than the additional cost of a Technys. Phils's NCP 391 turns as many heads as any gun on the gun rack.

11. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

my wife shoots a 391 and she likes it a a bunch. Only thing that went wrong recently was a broken snap ring on the piston. You can order and extra piston or you could keep a couple of extra snap rings around (the rings will set you back a grand total of $0.40, or so). Seems to be real dependable
    dennis

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have well over 500,000 rounds thru my 303 and have only replaced the trigger strut rods and the bolt connector rod. Very smooth and low recoil and for my money a much better patter out of the mobile chokes than the optima

13. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

I agree completely with Phil's philosophy. I bought the Urika Trap with a 32" barrel. I sent my stock to Greg Hissem for installation of an adjustable comb and Kickeze pad. Sent the barrel to Jay out at MoneyMaker for barrel tuning and an adjustable rib. Had a trigger job done. Total cost of upgrades around $1100. For less than $2000 I've got a completely custom gun that fits me to a TEE. I bought all the spare parts from Cole's but I haven't used any yet. I do replace the recoil spring every 5K rounds. Costs about $2

hubcap

14. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

BTW: I've got a brand new AL391 SL 30" Optima for sale at $850. Cased and still wrapped in plastic. See e-mail address above if interested. Thanks, Walt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can berett a391 shoot five rounds