1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta A400 Xplor

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cth, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cth

cth TS Member

I'm looking for a new pheasant gun and see that Beretta just made the new A400 Xplor Unico and Light with the kick off in the stock. Does anyone have any experience with the gun? Hows the recoil with a 2 3/4 game load?

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

I found it to light for Clay shooting. But if you can't use a SxS for Pheasant hunting the Xplor might work out well.

3. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

while we usually don't like to do 3rd party references, I will say a friend's senior father just bought this gun. Both my wife and I shoot Beretta. The friend immediately reported his dad's findings as this 12 ga. gun has the weight of a 20 ga. and shoots like a 28 ga. Sounds like you ought to get it..........spending other folks money sure is fun

dennis

4. straightsixes

straightsixes TS Member

A friend has one and allowed me to shoot it one afternoon. My primary and backup guns are both 391's and I shoot between 15,000 and 20,000 targets a year.

The front end of the A400 seemed to be a bit light and whippy for me. However, if I was going to walk all day chasing upland game... it would be easier than one of my Optima bore 391s.

The felt recoil was less than my 391 as well... at least to the shoulder. On the other hand, the gun I shot had the additional kickoff feature. Which is nice but I personally am not a huge fan of the stock sliding back and forth across my face as the recoil reducer compresses. It would take some getting used to, and surely in time it would probably go unnoticed.

Seemed like a good gun, cycled my light loads, shot where I looked, and generally I liked it a lot other than the points mentioned above.

5. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

My limited experience shooting one is about the same as others have posted above. Recoil was nil with the 1 oz dove loads I shot and cycled each one easily. The Kick-Off thing worked nicely and didnt bother me one bit. If your wanting an auto for hunting I cant find anything wrong with it. It pretty much does whats advertised.

Only negative for ME...I do not like Autos in the field. They are hard to carry vs. an O/U and I never felt safe using one or being around others carrying one. The third shot is just not an advantage for my hunting. For clays I actually like autos (and use one) but for field work...not my favorite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

a400 xplor for trap

beretta a400 xplor light

beretta a400xplor for trap