1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta A400 Xplor Light Shotgun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DoubleAuto, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Does anyone here own or have shot a Beretta A400 Xplor shotgun (specifically the "Light")? I am considering one as a hunting gun. Any information is appreciated.

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have sold a few and one of the guys I shoot with has one and he is deadly with it. We play a game called SCRAP and he is deadly with the long bird using it. He also uses it for sporting clays and I have never seen it jam or misfeed. Jackie B.

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have both the A400 $1545.00 and the A400 LITE$1345.00. Both have 28" barrel and the KO recoil system. All of my customers have been happy with them.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

4. 525Shooter

525Shooter Member

They are extremely soft shooters. I shot one recently and it felt like a cap gun going off. I shot the Maxxus, Versa Max, Vinci and SBE along side the Beretta and the Beretta wins hands down!!

5. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I do want to add that if I buy one it will be without the Kick-off System. I don't see buying a "light" shotgun and putting a heavy piece of rubber on the back end of it. I will make sure it has a good recoil pad on it. I only plan on using it for dove hunting and will be shooting loads around 1200 fps in it.

DoubleAuto

6. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

hi there D A GO with the kick off its not heavy it works great shoot everything with mine 8000 rounds no wear in gun added weight from breily up frount when shooting clays my p gun sits home now 4 8 months

7. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Double Auto, as a fan of the Browning Double Automatic also, am am drawn to these guns as well. I have handled all the types at Jaquas fine guns in Findlay, Ohio. I really like the bling blue sporting clays model. The light version is really light. I don't know the actual weight, but the feel of the gun is very light. It would make a great carry upland gun.
    Doug Allison

8. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I think that they are a great field gun, but a poor choice for clays. The main problem is that there is very little that can be done with that stock to make it more adjustable. A 390/391 stock will fit with minor inletting to the upper head area, but you have to lose that kick-off system if you want an adjustable comb for the 390/391 stock.

I've already seen a couple that the T-15 torx head screws that hold the Kick-off on either strip or snap off in the wood and wood serts needed to be put in for a machine screw. I'm also not real fond of all the plastic on this gun and the forearm looks really flimsy.

Time will tell I guess.

9. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

time well 8000 rounds nothing wrong stock has all the shims u can can add a beretta gel comb they work great mine shoots 3/4 oz loads np and right up 2 any 3 1/2 loads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta a400 lite for sale

beretta a400 xplor forum

beretta a400 xplor light for sale

berretta a400 forum