1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta A400 vs Benelli SBE2

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by riggy, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riggy

riggy TS Member

I'm in the market for a new hunting gun this year. I've been researching these two but am open to other suggestions. I do a lot of goose hunting so a 3.5 is a must for me for those late season honkers. I currently shoot the original Benelli SBE but am curious as to what is new out there. Looking for both positive and negative feedback.

2. Scott Walker

Scott Walker TS Member

3. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

The Benelli's are good mechanical guns. I used to own 2 of them. Once I tried an A400 Xtreme, I sold the Benelli's and went with the newer better technology.

If you're going to shoot 3" or 3 1/2 there's no question I want an A400. Gas operated, simple and the kick-off system beat the bs "comfort tech" stock every time. There's no comparison. The A400 is THE best semi-auto on the market today bar none.

We have 2 of them at the range where I work. The A400's are the most often requested rental gun and we sell more of them than any other semi-auto. I've never seen one come back for any type of failure. Each of the rental A400's have over 100,000 rounds through them and we only clean them once every 3 or 4 months.

The Benelli's hold up too. However they also shoot much harder than an A400. Especially when you're shooting 3" or 3 1/2".

Just my opinion, I'd buy an A400.

Shoot safely well and often,
    Tom

4. bill2

bill2 Member

Tom,
    You have a P.M.. Bill2

5. riggy

riggy TS Member

Is there a big difference between the A400 and the xtrema2?

6. riggy

riggy TS Member

7. Loyac

Loyac Member

riggy... Either one (A400 or Extrema II) is going to shoot softer than the SBE. It's Beretta's gas operated recoil system vs Benelli's recoil operation. Mind you, quality, fit and finish on the Benellis is irreproachable. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
a400 extreme vs sbe2
benelli sbe2 vs beretta a400
beretta 400a vs benelli sbe 2
beretta a400 vs benelli sbe ii

beretta a400 xtreme vs benelli sbe2

beretta extrema 400 vs benelli sbe2
loading tips benelli sbe2

sbe2 vs a400