1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta A400 build up, Same as 391 Questions??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by little gambler, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Thinking of building up a new Beretta A400 with blue rec. will this gun take 391 triggers? How about Barrels are they the same as the 391 trap barrels? Anyone have one of these that they have been shooting? Pro's/Con's welcomed on what you think. If it's a pile of crap let me know what you think of it. l.g.

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

A guy at the club shoots one for trap, skeet, and sporting clays. He thinks its the best auto made. I ask him how hard it was to disassemble and clean, he had it apart in seconds. The gas system and barrel ring look completely different than a 391, it has the return spring wrapped around the gas tube, and the bolt is a rotary bolt that locks into the barrel. I'll ask him this weekend what is interchangeable with the 391. By the looks of the internals, I would say not much.

Wayne

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

No, the barrels and trigger groups will not interchange, nor will most of the parts. The stocks will interchange with slight modification and you can use the same forend weights provided that the diameter will fit inside the 400's plastic gas vent, but not much else.

The 400 is more like a lightened up Xtrema when compared.

Jb

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I'm with Tron on this one. According to my rep, nothing is designed to interchange with the 391. Jackie B.

5. little gambler

Thanks for the info, I'm thinking of buying the lightweight one and sending it to devault for rib/stock work for the girlfriend. The new 391's just seem so front heavy.

6. Tron

The Kickoff system will GREATLY limit what can be done with the stock!

7. little gambler

Tron, How about pulling it off and just having a whole stock set made? I see most of those new guns have field stocks on them plus the SC versions never seem like they have enough comb on them for trap. This gun still has the recoil spring tube like a 391? If I drag my feet long enough perhaps beretta will offer a trap version.

8. Tron

The tube is still there, just like the 391, but only to hold the stock on. The recoil springs are in the forearm.

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

LG, you could have her begin with the B 3901, many of the mods you want can be done with that one also. Other than a fitted stock, possibly nothing else would be needed?

Hap

10. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

I bought an A400 as a duck gun and absolutely love it. I shot my December winter league targets with it and it shoots great. It comes apart quickly and I have had no issues with, well, anything. It has about 1,000 rounds through it with no issues. I am going to add a mid bead to the barrel, more of a check to make sure I have it mounted correctly. I love this gun and would recommend it to anyone. There are obviously better trap guns out there but for the money this one is sweet. You can take this one into the woods on Saturday morning and onto the trap line Sunday afternoon with no changes. It will also cycle 3.5 inch magnums (not that I am shooting those anymore) and a trap load back to back to back. Impressive piece.

Courtney

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I will give up my 391 when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta a400 xplor barrel interchange