1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta A400 20 gauge with ko stock

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by hunter2497, Nov 23, 2016.

1. hunter2497

hunter2497 TS Member

I was wondering if anyone here has shot the beretta A400 xplor 20 ga with the ko stock. Did you like it? pros and cons on the gun. thanks

2. Claypoppy

Claypoppy Well-Known Member

No, but shot one without it.

My friend bought one for grouse hunting in Wisconsin where he has to walk many miles during a hunt. The gun is very light and was perfect for this and he loves it.

From a clay target point of view, since the gun is very light, I found the recoil to be pretty obnoxious. If you are going to be shooting high volumes of targets, I would definitely look at one with the "kick off" option.

3. hunter2497

hunter2497 TS Member

Thank you for the feed back. I was wondering if you could feel much kick or not from being so light.

4. jc1249

jc1249 Member

Can you buy the A 400 20 ga with the kick off . The ones I have seen advertised did not have this feature.

5. hunter2497

hunter2497 TS Member

Yes you can buy a beretta A400 xplor 20 ga with the kick off but not sure if you can buy the excel with the kick off or not. I decided to buy the xplor 20 ga with the kick off and love the gun so far. Only problem I see with the gun so far is shooting light 7/8 winchester cheapies they will jam part of the time. called and talked to coles gunsmith and they said the 20 ga and 28 ga are bad about that but just needs lil adjustment. any other shells I put in the gun seem to cycle great. I would highly recommend the gun though.

6. samsonite

samsonite Member

I shot one at the range, and didn't like it, but I don't like a KO at all...Sounds like I am shooting an AR with the buffer tube/spring twanging away in my ear. Having an automatic is bad enough, but when you add the KO...it's a little too much.

7. jroccasano

jroccasano Member

I concur. Just don't like anything mechanical going on around my face. The movement of the stock against my cheek is very disconcerting. The beretta autos I have shot don't seem to recoil very much at all.