1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta A391 Front Sight Removal?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cunninmp, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Hi Everyone:
    Having just made Senior Vet, have noticed alot of my peers are using the new "LitePipe" sight systems on their trap guns. Having shot trap on and off since 1970 I decided I'd try one of these new systems.
    The gun is a Beretta Parallel Target with Optima Chokes, 28" tube's. Bought it new in 2003. Sight system is a "Hiviz Compsight" which is attached to the front bead screw hole with a 3-56 screw if I'm not mistaken.
    So here's the question---have any of you done this before?? I'm thinking Beretta probably has loctited the original front sight in. In the past have always used boiling water or a small propane torch to loosen/soften up the loctite.
    What does the forum think? Any pitfalls? As an afterthought--just to let you know, the gun fits very well right out of the box. LOP and sight picture is good.
    I normally shoot a BT 99 Golden Clays on singles and Citori Plus OU on doubles. Both with high ribs. If these new light pipes help these older eyes of mine, might add a Keen Sights Rib to give me about a 5/8ths inch higher sight pattern that more closely matches the Browning's.
    Mike C.
    Groveland, CA
  2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    The front bead on the Beretta 391 comes off easily just by turning it counter clockwise. A small wrench or needlenose pliers works fine. No loctite is needed to install the new sight. It stays tight without it.
    You're a lot older than me, since I won't be a Senior Vet for two weeks. I use a Tru-Glo fat bead on my 391, and I like it better than any front sight I've had before. If you don't have a eye dominant problem, I wouldn't get a sight that blocks off one of your eyes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.