1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta A390 Gas Spring Kit Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ronbo142, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I have the color coded kit, and successfully misplaced the directions.

Who knows which spring is for which load.

I have a yellow, blue, red and maybe purple spring kit.

I want to shoot 1 1/8 lite-target loads.

Thanks in advance.

Ronbo

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I was told the best spring may be different for each gun. Shoot the loads you normally shoot and use the spring that consistantly throws the empties 6' from the gun.

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I suspect that the new spring in the butt stock is a contributing factor to the change.

I will go out and get a couple of boxes of STS Light Target Loads.

Thanks

Ron

4. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

The purple spring= 31#; the green spring= 36#;the blue spring= 36#; the factory spring= 41#; the red spring= 45# and the yellow spring= 51#. As Bad 303 states, you need to experiment to see which spring works best with whatever load you're using. You want the spring that allows the gun to cycle properly without allowing the bolt to slam into the back of the receiver. John

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Use the heavy (strong) springs for light loads and the light (weak) springs for heavy loads. Never shoot heavy loads with a strong gas spring in the gun or you may damage the gun.

Ideally, the spring that ejects the empty about 6 feet is the right one for your gun. I suggest you try either the blue or green spring. The correct spring can/will vary depending on how well the gun is broken in and how well it is lubricated. Also, the condition of the recoil spring will have an influence on which spring is correct.

Generally, the spring that comes with the gun from the factory is too strong for a gun that has been well broken in and and well lubricated. While damage may not be readily apparent to the naked eye, the gun will wear out quicker and break more parts if too strong a spring is used for extended amounts of shooting.

Easystreet

6. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

Correction: for the record, purple spring= 26# & the green spring= 31#.

7. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Thanks, found the formula that I suspect will work for me!

Semper Fi

Ronbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.