1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta A303 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by prairieviper, Jun 6, 2013.

1. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

I've have a Beretta A303 Special Trap, 32 inch barrel, fixed full choke, that was purchased new, years ago when this gun was popular. I fired maybe 5000 rounds through it before putting it away. I'm considering using it again since I'm older now and much more recoil sensitive. Are there any parts prone to breakage and are there any spare parts I need to try and locate and keep on hand if I intend to shoot this gun on a regular basis?

Thanks in advance!

2. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

call me some time-- i have everything you'll need or know where to get them ( if any?)-- wally riebesell 660-744-4115 cst

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Wally is the man for 303s. Clean it, lube it, shoot it. Don't let Wally talk you into selling it. (to him) :) Mark

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Those 303's were a poorly made and unreliable gun. Please sell it to me at a wholesale price and I will be doing you a favor! (LOL)

(Also, Tron is the man to see. I believe there are some upgraded hammer braces available for the 303 through Shotgun Sports magazine.)

In all honesty, you have a great combination in a 303 trapgun. Fixed chokes in barrels of that era, factory stock, were a bit tight...not really a bad thing.

5. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

Thanks guys. I appreciate the information.

6. dt10john

dt10john Member

As was stated earlier Tron is the man. But if you don't want to bother him. I would be more than willing to take the gun off your hands..

Seriously, you cant go wrong with the greatest semi auto shotgun ever produced.

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Connecting rod, hammer braces and all the shells you can afford will last you a lifetime on 303's. I have broken a few other parts over the years but darn few.

8. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

As BAD 303 stated, a connecting rod and hammer braces for the most part. With the 303 you need to be a bit more careful if you intend to use stiff loads than you need to be when using a 390 or 391. The reason is that the 303 doesn't have a gas valve to release any extra pressure.....so, the internals take the beating. I've cracked bolts by using stiff loads as well and that can get costly.