1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta A 400...TREMBLE IN FEAR!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WNCRob, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I went to the Beretta USA web site to learn about the new A400 semi-auto. Here is what you will first read..."Your competitors will tremble in fear after catching a glimpse of the tell-tale blue receiver as you step to the line..." WOW! Am I impressed or what! A gun designed by an interior decorator? And all the technical innovation...none of which is described in any informative way...must be awe-inspiring, well, maybe they will tell us later when someone who ACTUALLY knows something about guns and competition is allowed to speak. Who the heck approves these things? It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.
    I can't wait until Kreighoff comes out with a pink receiver and green barrels...talk about real FEAR!!!

WNCRob

2. JohnnyF903

JohnnyF903 Member

WNCRob

I have one of the new Beretta A-400 xcel sporting guns. Not crazy about the blue receiver but the gun functions flawless. I have not found any ammo that it would not handle from the lightest load to the heavier loads. It is ten times easier to tear down for cleaning than the 391 is. it reminds me of being part 391 and part Benelli.
    Johnny

3. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

All levity aside, I've heard good things about the gun, and was put off by Beretta's "park avenue" approch to describing the gun. I love the 391, but cleaning it is clearly a PIA. I personally prefer the trap configuration for all disciplines and will be very interested in one when a trap config is available, particularly if it comes in some color other than blue! Glad to hear of your success with the new model.

WNCRob

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Geeez...........that ad ought to bring out the yuppies and metrosexuals but I would be embarrassed at the ribbing I wuold take, with my pals all in mock fear laughing.

HM

5. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

Browning did it years ago with their double auto. Not too popular then either.

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

With the blue receiver, it looks like something a Clown would shoot.

7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Better get used to it, Tron. Your beloved 391's have been discontinued by Beretta (thank God). Beretta says there will be no parallel comb stocks and no trap stocks offered for the 400.

Ken Rucker

8. Tron

But, I'm sure the new 400 with the flaming blue receiver would suit you well, Ruck. LOL.

Jb

9. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

i hav the 400 hunting model with nock off an 3 1/2 chamber shoots all ammo i use it 4 everything 9000 rounds no problems an i luv it added weight 4 clays an spacers 4 lenth great gun

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  11. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I have two friends i shoot spoprting with that bought the "Queer blue" 400's. Niether have jammed all summer and neither have been well cared for. But damn are they gaudy. Good thing there are still some 303 and 390's around. Every time Beretta "improves" an auto it gets worse. The tremble in fear part is what you do when you have a squad mate shooting one and he follows you in the sporting rotation. Nothing like having ole "Queer blue" standing behind you each station as you are shooting.tic

12. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

Well...they are Italian.

13. Tron

OK, well here's what I don't like about the gun: Gawd awful trigger....I mean, REALLY REALLY bad. Next, the way the stock is set up. That all plastic Kickoff system doesn't allow for any other mods such as an adjustable comb. That forearm is super flimsy and I just don't like all that plastic such as the plastic vent and end cap.

Suggestions to Beretta: Lose the false recoil tube which was an evolutionary left over from the 391 and dovetail the stock in place somehow. This will allow for a ton of versitility as far as stock mods go. The recoil spring is in the forearm anyway, so why not???? Also come up with some other trigger design that's actually good.

I just don't like this gun. There, I said it.

And it looks stupid to boot.

14. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

The 303 is still King hope they still have the equipment to make them again. The problem is 400's are hunting guns built light to carry all day and we need a heavier gun built to hold up to trap or sporting. We are not on their radar screen as far as sales are concerned the 391 will need to be brought back just like Remington did with the 1100. with all the technology today they just seem to be going backward in designs. There are lots of shooters that prefer autos for all types of reasons I am one that likes them for sporting so have a pair of 303's.

15. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Sort of looks like that protective film you peel off electronic products.

I was never to keen on the Teck. either, with that gaudy blue inset.

Good cause for Bill Mains.

Regards...Gerald

16. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Papa Smurf wants one.

17. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

Beretta is changing the color for next year to a more acceptable color. What I don't know. The blue was not well received. HMMMM?

18. craigos

craigos Member

i have the hunting version, xplor 400 and its impeccable in its functionality.

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

Tron,

While we're at it...have you noticed Hillary looks like a sack of dogshit lately?

I just don't like her...there I said it.

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I just noticed it looks like it has a sow belly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
a400 bill skinner
beretta 400 excel recoil spring removal
beretta a 400 excel forums
beretta a400 excel receiver color by bill skinner
beretta trap a 400 trap shotguns

bill skinner a400

bill skinner tri-tech
excel 400 beretta color change