1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 96FS

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by The Literalist, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

0   0   0

My son wants to buy this handgun in .40. I know pistols like I know quilting machines.

Can any of you handgun guys tell me about it? Is it a good choice?

Lightly used (by a friend who bought it new) for $200.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Beretta makes good quality handguns. I believe the 9mm version is what the US Military is using now if that helps any. Just my 2 cents--Matt

3. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

0   0   0

Matt is referring to the 92FS. That is a very popular pistol as well. Both are very nice and 200 is a steal! Great pistols.

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

buy it if the other guy is selling it for $200 and it is honestly in like new condition.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

they sell for 750-800

never seen one sell below 450 beat to heck

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

0   0   0

It will be a bargain if it is not a 96G which is the double action only version, you can barely give those away.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

no that isnt true about the double action only ones- there arent that many and sometimes they go for a lot and sometimes for less

really it is hard to find any 92/96 no matter how beat up for under 400 dollars and some are much much more

regards from Iowa

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Heck for $200 you could replace some parts and have a dang nice handgun for play barring it wasn't soaked in water and rusted solid.--Matt

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

If he doesn't buy it - you damn well should.

You can sell it within a week for twice that.

10. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Couple things we need to set the record straight:

1) 92/96G is not double action only, 92/96D is.

2) G is the "de-cock only" version of the the F/FS model. The same model used by some military and LE units. The safety spring can be replaced to make it back to F/FS function. Trigger is the same.

92F/FS is one of the finest service pistols in the history. I have/had many of them, in different versions, if I have to pick just one pistol to defend myself in combat situation, most likely I'll take a 92F/FS. It has serve me and our military well since 1984.

The few I own/owned, had never failed regardless what I feed them including some factory rejected and labeled "second, not for service use" ammo.

The most likely worn out parts is the locking block, which cost approx. $50 if you buy retail. I have not replace one yet, but I've seen some service pistols require replacements.

In any rate, $200 is a great buy for a working 92/96, regardless the condition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.