1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BERETTA 92A-1

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mike T, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T Member

Stupid question but,

I recently purchased a beretta 92 9mm. Shoots grest. I need some help. I am really afraid to attempt to take it apart to clean. Manual is not as clear as I would like. Are there any pitfalls or tricks I should know about? Don't really want to take it to my sellers gun shot in a pile of parts

thanks
    Mike t

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

Mike,

I don't know of 92 A-1. But if it a 92 anything they all come apart the same way. Follow the directions in your owner's manual. Remove the magazine, pull back the slide a little and turn your take-down lever until it stops. The slide will come easily forward. The rest is in your manual and it is easy. It reassembles easily as well. I always take every firearm apart before I ever fire it to be sure I know how. I also clean and lube each one before I reassemble them. Be sure to put a little grease/oil on your rails before you put the slide back on. Always know how to disassemble every firearm you own in case you have to in the field. Always carry proper firearm tools whenever you go shooting/hunting, just in case. You'll find a great assortment at www.brownells.com. Damn I sound like a commercial!

Good luck,

Steve

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

92 is one of the easiest pistol to take down and reassemble. 92A1 is the newer one with rails on the dust cover.

First: Mag. out, check the chamber.

2) Hold the slide/pistol from top, (muzzle left) with left hand, push the button on the left side frame with your left index finger, rotate the lever on the left side frame with your left thumb, pull the slide away from frame while holding the frame with your right hand.

3) Turn the slide assembling upside down, push forward the recoil spring guide rod, lift the spring out, push in the barrel underlug and lift the barrel out of the slide.

When you reassemble the gun, make sure you lub the barrel under lug/ears. that's the critical parts that'll worn out if you don't lub it.

4. mike T

mike T Member

Thanks not as hard as I thought mike t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.