1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beretta 687E love it or soso

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DUKE746, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DUKE746

DUKE746 TS Member

I'am thinking of purchasing a Beretta 687E trap combo any one been using them and how do you like them.

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Make sure that the POI is the same for both barrels and that the POI is where you are aiming (pointing). Some of these guns have poorly regulated barrels.

3. njuliano

njuliano Member

I have the 682 Gold E, pretty much the same gun as the 687. Had the Top Single-34" and the O/U 32". The Top Single I found to shoot very high, O/U shoots much flatter. I eventually switched to the UNSINGLE which I like the most. IMHO, they are accurate and dependable. I have close to 18,000 through it in the 1-1/2 years I have owned it and have had no problems with it at all. Joel Etchen Guns offers a good deal on them and is great to work with.

Good Luck...Nick

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Since you are talking about the 687 combo, I assume you mean the hyrid (687 receiver/682 bbls) from Joel Etchen Guns. If so, then I consider this gun one of best guns available for the money. I bought my combo from JEG at the Grand 3 years ago, and it has worked beautifully from day one to now. Well built, well designed, and good looking to boot.

As for POI, I would strongly advise having Joel install his adjustable comb for you on this gun. That way you can set POI for your desires and requirements. The way to do this is to set the comb for desired POI using the over/under set of barrels. Once you have the comb set, then switch to the unsingle barrel (which has an adjustable rib) and using the rib adjustment, set the POI of that barrel to your desires/needs. Do not adjust the comb with the single barrel. That way, all you need to do is switch barrels for singles and doubles with no adjustments or undue changes to the stock between barrel changes. You might also consider putting an adjustable buttplate on the gun before regulating it, as these can add considerably to getting good gun fit.

Jim R

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The new Berettas have a lot better balanced barrels- nothing like older Berettas

Look for a good used combo unless you just want new

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

My first new trap gun was a Etchen combo Beretta set. Excellent reliable gun,shot it hard for 2 years,nothing I disliked about it. Replaced it with a Guerini that I shoot better than the Beretta.

JohnR

7. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I owned two 682s first one was a top single combo sold it and tried buying it back no go!!! The second one was a un-single combo I found out that I can not shoot a unsingle and it knocked the snot out of me I would by another if and when the time arose.

8. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

Just bought a new Joel Etchen combo, wow what a mess, unsingle rib was bent, o/u barrells are awful. Bottom flat and top 100% high, have had all kind of trouble out of my trigger, but other than that its a nice gun lol, and will take my money back if anyone interested, lol. And if you have a question, yes i call Etchens and they said it was a Beretta problem, so after two trips to Beretta just having to live with it. Finally got trigger fixed and gun shoots nice, just leaves a bad taste in mouth. So the answer is not so soso.

9. rsikole

rsikole Member

Bought a JEG 687 EELL combo with adjustable comb about 9 months ago and had Allem double roller release triggers installed. Gun shoots great and nice wood for a relatively inexpensive gun. I have not patterned it on a patterning board (I rely more on reading target hits) but the unsingle seems to shoot fine. I just started shooting doubles, but the double barrels both seem to have a similar POI as the unsingle without making any adjustments to the unsingle POI.

As suggested by Jim R above, I have the comb POI set based on shooting the O/U and the unsingle has not been touched. I also had the adjustable recoil pad installed for a better fit.

So far I am happy with the gun's performance.

Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 687e