1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 687

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe vandal, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe vandal

joe vandal TS Member

New here...looking for some input. Looking at a Beretta 687EELL Unsingle. 34' full choked single, 32" F/Imp O/U. High comb stock. Not familiar with them other than it's a beautiful gun but that doesn't necessarily break targets. Can anyone give me the pros and cons.

Eric

2. 4xFergi

4xFergi Member

I switched from a Kreighoff KS-5 to the Berreta 687 about a year and a half ago and will never look back. Great gun, no problems and smokes targets.

3. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

I had the opposite experience form 4xFergi. Shot a ks-5 special for a few years, bought a 687 unsingle combo and struggled. Sold the unsingle bbl and went back to the Kreighoff for singles my scores immediately went back up. I still shoot the 687 O/U for doubles, but to be honest, that gun and I have never got along as much as I keep trying. I know other guys that love 'em though and their scores show it. Try to shoot it first if you can - unsingles are not for everyone. If it fits you and you are hitting the targets well, give it a try.

Larry

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It's basically a Deluxe custom version of the 682 Gold E Trap like i have. It also comes with better upgraded Comb hardware as opposed to the plastic crap that Beretta calls their Memory System. I bought my 682 a few years ago and have not regretted it for a second. Very nice guns for a decent price.

Matt

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Joe,

I take it you're looking at one of the older 687's. Other than the cosmetic's of the side plates, engraving, and the higher grade wood it is basically a 682.

I will warn you now, some people don't get along too well with those older fixed rib unsingle barrels. They weigh a fair bit more than a top single of the same vintage. The other part is the unsingle and the O/U barrels have a different POI. This can be an issue to some. A little bit of time at the patterning board will tell you a lot.

I would suggest shooting the gun a bit, if possible, before purchasing. Also check the chokes with a bore gage to make sure the chokes haven't been tampered with. These guns were generally choked pretty tight by todays standards.

I'm a big fan of these guns and enjoy everything about them.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.