1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 687 unsingle combo

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Wayne of PA, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I am considering buying a new Beretta 687 unsingle combo. Any pros or cons you want to share. I’ve been shooting a Beretta 682 for a number of years now and thought the new 687 would be a good way to go. Thanks,

Dale,

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Dale,

You will need to go to Joel Etchen for that setup. He's the only one I know of who has 687 combos for sale. I have combos but just the 682 variety not the upgraded 687.
    Mike Battista

3. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks Mike, I’ve been corresponding with Etchens over the past week with varies questions regarding the 687. At least he’s located in the same state even though he’s all the way across the state. I’ve been there once but it’s been quite some time ago.

Dale,

4. Bridger

Bridger Member

i know three shooters in the area that own them. Two of them have just gotten theirs so they have not had much time to shoot them yet. One has EELL wood on his and its really nice and considerably better than what the other two have although those two guns both have decent wood too. I'm used to a heavier gun so it seems a bit on the light side for me. If you're used to a 682 though this should be a close match. The one shooter who has had his for a few months says he's very pleased with it. I think the gun is worth serious consideration and gives a very good value for its cost. All three of these guys thought it had little recoil.

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I got one early last spring, am VERY pleased with it! All pros-----no cons.

You'll like it!!

John C. Saubak

6. Steer Tripper

Steer Tripper TS Member

Dale,
    If you are wanting a used one. I have my 687 at Rich Kaysa(alamoarms.com)(210)829-0297.
    I bought it from Joel in Sept.2007. I could not get use to the unsingle barrel.

Just thought you might want to check it out.

David

7. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks for all the replies so far. It looks like most people have been satisfied with their choice. Ed Clapper also sent me some positive information regarding the 687. It looks like I’ll probably jump in head first and buy one.

I had off all this week and now I wish I would have made the time to make a trip out to Joel’s. Thanks for the heads up on the used one David, I’ll take a look.

Dale,

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya know when I see a comb that is set really high I tend to think the gun shoots low or when the comb is cut way down the gun shoots really high or when it is canted way off to one side or the other that the gun shoots ... well ... look at some shooters and you can tell why they are set that way ... it aint the gun but its the shooter and the way they shoot the gun as to why its set a certain way.

9. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks for all the replies regarding the 687. Thought I would bring it back up to the top just in case someone who owns one missed the thread. Thanks again,

Dale,

10. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Wayne,

If you would see my gun (it's a Browning. not a Beretta) the comb adjustment would probably lead you to believe that it originally shot sideways. But, no, it's simply that my eyes are close set and my cheek bones pronounced. The gun is fine; you do what ya gotta do to make it fit!

Morgan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.