1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 687 trigger assy, removable?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Old Cowboy, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Is the trigger assembly removable on a Beretta 687? I see there's what appears to be a screw with a smaller lockscrew just ahead of the trigger guard on the bottem of the reciever. I'm wondering??-----if one loosens that screw does the whole trigger group drop out?

John C. Saubak

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

What does your owners manual say?

3. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Hi John,

Remove the safety by removing the push pin held by the spring clip. Then, remove the small screw set inside the big screw you mentioned above. Revove the screw under the safety. You want to have the hammers cocked and the trigger group will drop out easier. Release the hamers after you get the trigger group out. The hammers are held in by pins. You may want to buy some long needle nose punches for this job.

Go to http://www.colegun.com/Series_680_Parts.pdf for a schematic of the 680 series gun and download the 680 series parts list. This will give you an idea of what everything is and will somewhat help if something "pops" out and you aren't sure how it goes back together. Good luck.

Chris J Morris

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Thanks for the information fella's. When I saw the big screw with it's little screw I thought maybe it's designed so the trigger group is meant to just "drop" out? The triggers on my new gun could stand a little improvement, sounds like a job I'd best leave to a qualified gunsmith?

John C. Saubak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta 687 cleaning trigger group
beretta 687 trigger
berretta s 687 trigger guard screw
cleaning trigger beretta 687
how to remove 687 trigger
how to remove trigger guard on beretta s687
little and big screw in beretta trigger

remove and clean trigger on beretta 687