1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 687 SpII 32/34 Combo (JE SPECIAL)????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lbshootin, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Question??? I have a 6 month old, 3500 rnds thru the single and 750 or so thru the O/U. The POI on the O/U is way different than the OverSingle. I had Joel put an adjustable comb on it when I purchased it. The bottom shoots flat 50/50, and the top shoots a good 70/30.(one inch high at 13).The Single is set up at 80/20 (two inches high at 13)both on the center line. Has anyone else experienced this in their COMBO set?, or is this common to the Beretta? I have almost given up on doubles with this gun and have reverted back to my XT, and leave the Beretta O/U's in the safe..Defeats the whole COMBO point!
    Thanks, Larry

2. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

3. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Bump Back

4. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

I have the same gun and have found a similar setup, except in mine, I found that patterning multiple shots at 33yds (my singles break distance) led me to believe that the top barrel on the O/U and the single seem to shoot to almost the same POI. The bottom barrel as you describes patterns 50/50...... when I shoot doubles I shoot the top barrel first with the same sight picture as if shooting singles, and then just barely cover the second bird. When I do my work I seem to get both. From talking to alot of folks, it seems pretty common that the O/U's shoot to different POI, the real advantage is that if the gun fits you, then you only have to get one stock right and then you have a comfortable gun for both doubles and singles.
    When I bought mine, it was my first, my mentors said I had to shoot it for a year to really get used to it, I would say to take some time and just shoot the O/U for awhile at singles and hcp distances out of both barrels and you can adjust
    d

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

je 687 spii