1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon ii Sporting buy or not

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tjwatc, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjwatc

tjwatc TS Member

Was at my local store tonight and ran across a new Beretta 687 Silver pigeon ii sporting. Came with 5 chokes. fixed comb. $1763. I have been looking for a new gun, but was thinking I wanted a combo set. Any thoughts good or bad on the gun woud be appreciated.

Thanks

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Great guns and could be used as a good all arounder with the addition of an adjustable comb. Not quite a dedicated trap gun if that's what you're wanting.

ss

3. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Are you planning on reselling it at some time? What is the barrel length? It doesnt matter and you might shoot a shorter barrel better( probably will in
    fact)

Mechanically and from a materials point of view- very very solid guns

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

That price is several hundred dollars below wholesale cost. If it is new and has the warranty card with it, it's a very good deal.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

One of the best sporting clays guns for the money in my opinion. Best with a 32" barrel; 30" is o.k.; wouldn't get it with a 28" barrel. I don't think it will be what you will want as a trap gun.

6. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

bought my son the combo, he is 11 and has done very well this past year with the gun. got my combo for 2000. gun was 99%.

7. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Great Gun all round..........shooting trap for 6yrs, Class A shooter......over 25,000 round thru it...great price...

panther

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.