1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 686

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by buck50, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buck50

buck50 TS Member

Can anyone help me understand the difference(s) between the Beretta 686 White Onyx and the 686 Silver Pigeon...are either of these guns suitable for both clays and hunting...thanks in advance, Buck

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

As I understand it, all the 686s are the same internally. Differences would be cosmetic, ingraving and wood quality, and also possible stock dimensions, depending on what model you are looking at. I have a 686 Silver Pigeon, 28" barrels, and have shot skeet and 5 Stand with it. It is a light, lively, quality gun. Mark

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Thw White Onyx is a lower grade of that model. I have a 686 Silver Pigeon 26" that has become a favorite field gun. This model certainly isn't a trap gun as it is way too light (recoil) and shoots flat. A longer barrel 686 might be okay for SC. Either model you mentioned will perform the same - just cosmetic differences.

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

686 Silver pigeon was a older gun and better finished came in trap model I have one now for 15 years now great shooting gun for the money.
    Buddy

5. buck50

buck50 TS Member

thanks guys... you'er been a big help...Buck

6. Donm

Donm Active Member

I have a Special Silver pigeon in the 20ga. and 28ga. combo. Really sweet for pheasant hunting. The 28 is my favorite gun ever over one of my pointers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.