1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 686 Trigger Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by citadel, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citadel

citadel Active Member

I recently purchased a nice Beretta 686 and found that it only shoots either the top or the bottom barrel by moving the selector from side to side. It will not fire the second barrel after firing the first barrel. This situation does not change no mater which barrel I select to fire first. After pulling off the stock and checking out the trigger it appears that the inertia block is not being engaged to permit the selection of the second barrel for firing. I plan to take this into the local gunsmith for repair or would I be best served to send it back to Beretta or can anyone recommend someone that is highly qualified to repair this problem in a Beretta trigger.
    Your suggestions are appreciated.
    Doug

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Check the inertia block pawl spring, most likely cause of your problem. HMB

3. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Are you dry firing the gun or shooting shells when this happens?? I sold a gun to a guy and he call with the same problem but was dry firing the gun which will not set the second barrel only it will set from the recoil of the first shot.

4. citadel

citadel Active Member

Thanks to everyone for the responses. It does appear to be the pawl spring and I will take it to the local guy today. I have not been dry firing the gun but who knows what the former owner had done. From the wear patterns it is obvious that the gun had always been used as a top single and the bottom hammer had never been fired (it was a top single only when I bought it and I added a double barrel that I had sitting around to make a set) so the problem would not have been obvious to the prior owner as he only used the top hammer.
    Thanks,
    Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

repair a beretta 686 that will not fire

beretta 686 doulbe discharge problem

beretta 686 inertia block pawl spring problems uk

beretta 686 inertia trigger

beretta 686 trigger

beretta essential 686 trigger selector

beretta firearms 686 trigers