1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 686 Onyx Pro Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JLSIMON, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLSIMON

JLSIMON Member

I have always shot Brownings for Doubles. Beretta's just didn't feel right...that is until I recently picked up an Onyx Pro Trap at Cabella's and It has piqued my interest. Now, I need a Beretta expert to enlighten me on this model since I can't find it on Beretta's website. How does it compare with the 682 Gold E. Don't need a combo, I shoot a Ljutic for singles. Your thoughts please....

Thanks,
    Jim

2. cafowler

cafowler Member

I found the description below at a Cabela's website. Explains why the BUSA website doesn't list it, they only make it for sale thru Cabela's. I've shot a 686 Onyx for 25 years and am very happy with it, I've had very few issues with it. One of the factory smith's installed an adjustable trigger in it for me and joked "here's your new ASE" not a single thing different between the 2 guns now, since mine is a field gun he said it has heavier springs which would last a lot longer. I paid considerably less for mine than Cabela's thinks theirs are worth now. Looks like a parallel stock with a high rib gun. Not sure how an ASE compares to a 682 in price/quality. Some other B fans will have to way in. Looks like a spruced up 686 with some nice finishes.

Crafted exclusively for Cabela’s by Beretta with a high-luster blued receiver, not available on standard 686 models. Accented with gold engraving, and a premium, oil-finished walnut Monte Carlo stock and beavertail forend. Includes one full and two modified extended Optima-Choke® tubes. 30" or 32" barrels. 12 ga., 3".

3. JLSIMON

JLSIMON Member

Thanks Cafowler!! That's the kind of info I was after.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta 686 onyx pro reviews

beretta 686 onyx pro trap

beretta 686 onyx pro trap for sale
beretta 686 onyx trap
beretta 686 trap
beretta onyx pro review
beretta onyx pro trap
beretta onyx pro trap reviews