1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682x super trap combo incoming

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pakk, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pakk

pakk Member

I have a 682x super trap on the way. I should have it Monday. It is a 3 barrel set, o/u, top single, and bottom single. All three barrels are ported and have mobilchokes. The comb is not adjustable but instead has 4 different replaceable combs of different heights.

I have a 5 day shooting inspection period. Anything I should know or to look out for?

Thanks

2. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

I would be looking to verify barrel regulation. Make sure the barrels impact the way you want. I had one that the top barrel of the over/under shot 70/30 and the lower barrel shot 50/50. Until I spent some time at the pattern board, I couldn't hit squat with it on doubles. This caused me to shoot top barrel first in doubles.it worked, rather well, I might add, but I shot some sorry scores until it got figured out.

3. pakk

pakk Member

Taking the gun to the pattern board is the first thing I plan to do. I'm hoping the un single shoots at least 70/30.

People who own similar guns, how do your different barrels pattern?

4. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

also if you are going to be shooting doubles with light loads make sure the gun will double flawlessly. good luck with it.

5. WJN

WJN TS Member

Be sure to remove the comb and inspect the wood and hardware. I found a surprising nasty under my comb on a brand new 682 gold e. They replaced all my wood and were good about taking care of the problem.

Jim

6. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Problem with these guns is always firing pins. Get some extras and make sure these work.

7. pakk

pakk Member

All good advice. Thanks

8. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

be sure to get some band aids for your middle finger.overly large trigger guard will take the skin right off.the stock is a joke.some of beretta's marketing crap.must of had yours worked on because mine has a non selective trigger and it fires the bottom barrel first so no top single for me unless i have it converted to selective triggers.right now i wish i had not bought it,but after i get the triggers worked on and a adjustable stock put on it i may get to liking it.i know the stock makers and the gunsmiths that do trigger work will be glad i bought it.but then i may be the only one that has a problem with a 682X super trap.

tracy

9. pakk

pakk Member

I'm not too worried about the stock. If it's not close to working for me, I plan to go PFS anyway.

The trigger got me a bit thinking. Hopefully the work is done to make it selective. If not, I hope it's not too much of a hassle to make it selective.

10. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

not a big deal.send it to Cole's w/$165.00+parts.I put a pfs on mine + a set of Muller's.so if i get the trigger work done i will have more in the added stuff than i paid for the gun?gotta love it.you are doing the right thing by asking questions.wish i had before i bought mine.

tracy

11. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

To make the trigger selective, remove the little screw in the selector. It's that easy!

ss

12. pakk

pakk Member

I gave coles a call as well as a couple other places. Coles couldn't give me a price or even an ball park estimate. The two other places was 450 and 1200+.

Short shucker, any more detail or is that all there is to it?

13. Shawn

Shawn Member

Pakk

SS has explained how to the selector works on a 682 with a selectable trigger.

Some of the earlier guns had non selectable triggers.

As the gun your buying has both a top single and an under single barrel it may be the selectable trigger version.

Good luck with the new gun.

Shawn

14. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I've never seen a 682 without a selectable trigger. I have seen some 680's that way. Not saying they never made a 682 that way, just never saw one.

ss

15. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

SS, you want to see one up close and personal? for $1300.00 +ship you can see one.less pfs&Muller's.includes hard case.

tracy

16. pakk

pakk Member

Do these guns come with extractors or ejectors? If they are ejectors, can they easily be converted to extractor?

17. pakk

pakk Member

Got the gun today. It does have a barrel selector. I was also able to cycle my lightest loads, 1oz 1100 fps.

Now I just need to turn these ejectors into extractors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta 682 gold x super trap combo
beretta 682 super trap
beretta 682 x super trap

beretta 682x super trap

beretta 682x super trap combo

beretta 682x super trap combo reviews

beretta super trap

beretta super trap price