1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beretta 682

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Matthew Moser, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Moser

Matthew Moser TS Member

i was wondering if you could give me your advice about buying a beretta 682. if you could, send me prices and opinions.

Thank you,
    Matthew Moser

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Matthew: I see that you have 2 threads going. One asking about a Verona and this one regarding a 682. My opinion, (and that's all it is), is that I would forget about the Verona. If you can afford the Beretta 682 and can find one that you feel comfortable with; that's the gun I would buy. However, I would ask fellow shooters at your local club if they would allow you to shoot a round with their gun. Most will be more than happy to assist you. If an O/U is what you want and price is a factor, I would surely look into a Beretta 682 or a Browning Citori. They can be purchased at a decent price if you look around. (I'm talking a used gun)These are much better choices than a Verona and they will hold their value. Ed

3. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

If you are interested in current going prices of guns...check out gunsamerica.com and gunbroker.com.

682 combo's usually go from $2500 up to $5000

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Matthew:

If I were in the market for a gun right now, I'd take a hard look at the one in the thread above (Click on the link). The price is very fair and it looks to be in good shape.

5. Matthew Moser

Matthew Moser TS Member

that gun is very nice and i think it's worth the money.but,i was wanting a new 682.that way,(i shoot a lot and i don't want to go through 10guns in 4 years.) i can shoot a lot of rounds through it and i know what problems i've had( yeah right:)) and who has worked on it.

thank you,
    Matthew Moser

6. 3200

3200 TS Member

I think you'll find it pretty hard to go thru 10, 682s or guns of similar quality new or used, in 4yrs. That is unless you're using it as a crutch, pry bar, or something entirely that it is not designed for.

I've owned and own several Berettas - 682s, 686s and 687s - as well as a Perazzi MT6. Not once have I shot one out - and I got the MT6 knowing that it had over 150k rounds thru it. The only reason I parted with any particular gun was that 1) I wanted a new 'flavor', or 2) a fool and his money were soon parted - that is to say someone offered, and I took, way more than the gun was worth.

7. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

How much do you shoot, Matthew? I bought my 682 just about six years ago, and have shot over 41,000 registered targets with it since then, plus at least as many practice, maybe even twice as many. It is nowhere near worn out yet, hardly even broken in. I wouldn't worry about wearing one out, nevermind ten in four years.

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

Mathew ... please let me know if I'm understanding you incorrectly but it seems like your last post your just a little pissed off. Whats a matter? Whats wrong or am I just misunderstanding how your typing?

9. Matthew Moser

Matthew Moser TS Member

you're totally misunderstanding me. i'm just tired of old guns with scratches and dings and that all the blueing's worn off of. that's all.

10. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

One can buy a new 682 Gold E top single barrel from Joel Etchen or Hi grade or others. Will fit any 682 receiver or 687. They are $875 last I knew. Have the newest Optima chokes. I shoot a Pgun now but if I should purchase another gun the 682 Gold E will be my first choice. I can appreciate your desire to stay away from someone elses beat up 85% gun. Buy new and try to wear it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.