1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 X Trap POI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by duckhunter331, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

I have a Beretta X-Trap 682. I was shooting doubles today up in Wisconsin and I was missing a lot of first birds. It is possible that it was just me, but I was just curious to see if anyone would happen to know about what the point of impact would be on the bottom barrel.

Thanks in advance.

Travis

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

A lot of variables here and no inclination of your setup. So let me take a stab in the dark.

Generally the bottom barrel shoots 70/30 on a X Trap barrel with tubes. I've got a set of fixed choke X Trap barrels that the bottom barrel shoots 80/20.

If I hold a level gun, I shoot as soon as the bird starts to appear in front of the barrel. I couldn't tell you when the last time I missed a first bird. I use 7/8 oz of 8 1/2's going 1225fps, give or take a little, and a M choke.

Second bird is on your own. Depends if you catch when it's still on the rise.

ss

3. FClasser

FClasser TS Member

I have a Beretta 682 Gold E sporting clays gun with 32" barrels. I found that my bottom barrel shoots about 10" high and the top barrel shoots point of aim !!! I was really surprised when I discovered the different points of impact. The bottom barrel shoots high enough that I use it for shooting trap singles with my sporting clays stock !!!
    Tom

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Cover the first bird in Wisconsin. Shoot right at the second bird.

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Why not go to the pattern board and see just where YOUR barrel shoots? Just asking, Jake

6. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

I shoot a Beretta Gold EX trap w/ adjustable comb. So my POI is whatever I set it at . If you don't have an adjustable comb, it worth the money to install one.

7. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

Thanks again for all the info. I was already planning to pattern it but was just curious to see if anyone would know.

Thanks again

Travis

8. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

Travis, I have a 682X combo. I really have to cover the first bird. They seem to shoot pretty flat to me.

Mike

9. dimapower

dimapower Member

Too much variability in individual adjustments to gain any relevance from these responses.

+1 to whoever suggested patterning it.

10. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I've owned several and they shot where ever they wanted to. No way at all to predict what an individual gun will do. Easy enough to find out, though.

Neil

11. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

Thanks for all the info. Maybe the gun isn't shooting as high as i think it is. Maybe missing first birds is more me then the gun. I will be patterning it soon though.

Thanks

Travis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
692 x trap poi
beretta 682 gold e trap point of impact

beretta 682 gold x trap

beretta 682 trap
beretta 682 x trap
beretta 682 xtrap

beretta 682x