1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 x trap info.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by waynewash, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waynewash

waynewash Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Im considering a used 682x trap gun. Has anyone had experience with this model? Good or bad points
  2. BerettaBoy682

BerettaBoy682 TS Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I have one with a 34 inch unsingle and a doucle set love it.
  3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2007
    I use the heck out of my 682x combos. (have two) I think they are a very good value as far as trap guns go and mine have held up well. The most likely trouble source is the inertia reset trigger which relies on a fairly fragile wire spring that tends to need replacement every 15K rounds or so and the locking bolt usually needs to the replaced after 50K rounds. Neither of these things are difficult or expensive to correct.

Buying a quality used gun will save you a big chunk of money over buying new. What you want to look for is a gun that is in 95% condition or so with no evidence of stock cracking or mangled screw heads. (Indicates somebody that shouldn't have worked on it, did) Also the opening lever should be well to th right of the center of the tang when the action is closed. (still has life left in the locking bolt).

Finally, get a combo because if you don't you will always wish you had.
  4. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I have three people in my family shooting 682Xs.You can go and buy a- K GUN OR A -P GUN and all your gonna do is spend more money.Im more than happy with the performance of our Beretta"s.Dont hesitate!!!!!!.

Sandy Holehouse.
  5. txkpistol

txkpistol TS Member

Feb 9, 2010
    I have a 682 Super Sport, 682 Trap and a 682 Gold. All three purchased used. I just purchased a 34" bottom single to go with my Super Sport and still have more gun for the money. The only problem I see is that with the way I have to adjust the recoil pad is that the guns will not fit in their original cases.

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Jul 28, 2009
    My doubles gun is a 682 Silver Rec. Trap. Gun shoots great and have never had a problem with it.

Rich in Indiana
  7. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    My 682XTrap is almost 25 years old. I shot it this week, as I have every week for "almost 25 years". It is starting to grow on me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

682x trap gun

beretta 682 trap good or bad

beretta 682xtrap