1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 won't fire..Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by crackshot, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crackshot

crackshot Member

Beretta 682 won

I purchased a 682 3 weeks ago in mint condition.I fired 10 boxes through it fine. Yesterday it quit fireing. I tried different shells and both barrels. It sounds like its fireing but I can't see the pins move with the barrels off. Any ideas what the problem is? Thanks, Dave

2. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

pull the stock off, you will be able to see what is going on, could be a broken firing pin.

tony

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

>>>"I purchased a 682 3 weeks ago in mint condition.I fired 10 boxes through it fine. Yesterday it quit fireing. I tried different shells and both barrels. It sounds like its fireing but I can't see the pins move with the barrels off. Any ideas what the problem is? Thanks, Dave<<<"

Dave,

Cock the gun and then remove the forend and barrels. Set the barrel selector to the bottom barrel and move the safety to the "Ready" position. Then with the butt of the gun pointing down, place a coin over the lower firing pin hole and pull the trigger. If the coin goes flying into the air, then the bottom firing pin is working well. Then try the same thing with the top firing pin.

If either or both of the firing pins don't flip the coin into the air, then remove the buttstock and see what's wrong. It could be a broken firing pin or perhaps some piece of debris that is fouling up the hammer(s).

Easystreet

4. crackshot

crackshot Member

Thanks for responding. I took the gun back to the shop were I bought it. They fired 15 shots and it fired everyone!! Now what the heck!! We tied 5 different shells, changed to the single barrel, played with the selector and it didn't hit one primer last night. I did shake the stock to listen for loose parts before I put it away. I hope it don't happen again...Dave

5. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I had the hammer spring nut break one time and got lodged in the trigger and wouldn't let it fire, you could shake it around and get it to shoot.

I would still pull the stock off and have a look.

tony

6. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Dave,

So are you going to try the advice you were given or not? Why bother asking for advice if all you're going to do is "hope it don't happen again"?

7. crackshot

crackshot Member

We took the stock off after fireing it and didn't see anything wrong. We cleaned it but it wasn't bad...Dave

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Were the nuts still on the mainspring plungers?

9. crackshot

crackshot Member

Yes there was nothing loose that we could see...Dave

10. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

Dave, I have a 682 combo that misses once in awhile. My problem is primers seated too deep. If you are using reloads just compare them to factory loads.

Good luck with it.
    Mike

11. crackshot

crackshot Member

I shot at a Turkey shoot today and fired about 50 shells with no trouble. Thanks for responding....Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 682 wont fire