1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 VS Browning XT Gold

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bidz, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bidz

bidz TS Member

Im in the market for a new gun, whats peoples opinions on these 2?

2. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

Both are very good guns. Personal choice. Only weakness in both is the adjustable combs, not good. I would opt for one without the adjustable comb and get one installed by a gunsmith with good hardware that won't fail out on the line. Good luck, think you will be happy with either.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Go Beretta....if (and only if) service is needed, then you have a choice of sending it back to Beretta @ Accokeek or Cole's in Maine. Both are very good and have a fast turn-around. If you buy a 682 with an adjustable comb, you can purchase replacement hardware from Joel Etchen at a reasonable price. Or, buy the gun from Etchen and have them install the good hardware.

My past experience with Browning service is very negative.

Curt - Delaware

4. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

Good point about Etchen. I believe they do not handle the Beretta adjustable comb but rather have their pro, Mark install their combs with the good hardware(Gracoil I think). Mark does excellent work.

5. gusto777

gusto777 Member

Definetly Browning.

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Gusto, do you have experience with both?

7. gusto777

gusto777 Member

Blizzard . .I'm currently shooting a Browning XT Combo after shooting a Browning BT-99 for about 14 years. I really like this shotgun. I've never owned a Beretta before but have friends that do. I think both are good guns. In most cases fit and feel are more important than the brand of gun. I prefer the reliability of Browning over most other shotguns. Additionally repairs (if necessary) can be accomplished by most gunsmiths. Brownings seem to be easier to sell on the resale market also.

8. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I had a 682 and now shoot an XT. I prefer the XT hands-down, but that's me. It's really a personal preference. I find the XT better balanced, more comfortable and it shoots where I look. I fussed and fussed with the Beretta, even after changing the stock and just never had confidence in it. There are others here who swear by the 682 and can't stand the XT. I prefer Brownings since they seem to fit me quite well and I don't have to fuss alot with them. I can almost pick them up and shoot them as is. Can't do that with any Beretta I have owned or tried. You need to try them both.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I dont like Beretta triggers--

My experience is that Beretta service is even worse than browning

The Beretta does have a lower receiver height and it is a strong receiver-- and can be rebuilt if needed easily

I think the Browning points better

regards from Iowa

Gene

10. docshank

docshank TS Member

I prefer the 682 over the Citori. To me, the 682's just feel better and are of a higher quality. One of the big benefits of the 682 is the ease of interchanging barrels. I have a 682 Gold Greystone with four different barrels. A 32" O/U, a 30" O/U, a 34" Top Single, and a 34" Unsingle. The 32" O/U came on the gun, the others I added later. All of the extra barrels fit without having to do anything to them. That's not going to happen with the Citori's. The Citori's are fine guns, I just prefer the 682's.

Frank

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

The Beretta will cost you more but the Browning just aint no Beretta either. I recently was in the hunt for a O/U and I had a picked up Berettas and Brownings on more than a few times and spoke with many trusted shooting friends.

I chose the Beretta over the Browning. If the gun ever needs service getting it from Beretta is by far easier and much better than Browning. It was mentioned by numerous people the biggest problem with Brownings was spring breakage and no problems with Berettas. I shot a borrowed Beretta and a Browning and the Beretta felt better and perfomed better for me so I got a Beretta.

Now if you do end up getting a Beretta contact the crew at Joel Ethcen ... they are fantastic to deal with and will always treat you right. If you need work done such as adjustable comb or pad they can do it all in house. For Beretta there is no better than Joel Etchen.

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I shot, and still have, a broadway superposed that i shot for several years. As I started shooting more, I decided that I needed something that could take several thousand rounds without having to worry about it.

Having been so used to the superposed, the first gun I tried was the XT. Let me just say it like this: That XT DEFINITELY is not a Superposed. Basically, compared to my old superposed, I thought that the XT felt like a piece of crap.

Long story short, I ended up with a 682 combo from Joel.

13. bgf

bgf Active Member

One caveat...The Brownings are more lefthand friendly. Straight stock. As for Beretta, you would need to buy a lefthand stock as they are cast-off from factory. I would like to try a Beretta but will not pay extra for a stock change. But, you probably are righthanded so this would be a moot point.

Bernie

14. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

I used to have a Beretta 686e Sporting; I have an XT now. IMHO, I think the Beretta is a slightly better quality gun, but then the Browning is a very good quality gun. Either is good enough to argue for, if I already owned one of the two, I would not trade it for the other, and there is no bad choice to be made here - JoeBerg

15. 682LINY

682LINY Member

my two cents,,,,three of us shoot together,,,,2 beretta 682 gold E's,,,and a Browning XT,,,befor that he had a browning 425 sporting clays gun and I had a beretta 686 field gun,,,,my Beretta fits me rite,,,his browning fits him rite,,,,some times he wins sometime I win,,,,but we both allways finish near the top,,,,If the gun fits you you will shoot either one good,,,,,the third shooter in the group is a newbie ,,,,but is getting good with his beretta,,,,but he keeps changing things,,,,,comb ,,,gray-coil,,,adjustable but pad,,,,,get it to fit ,,,and stop changing things,,,,,not him

16. frank t

frank t TS Member

I have owned both and both are good guns. They have a different feel to them when it comes to swinging on targets. I would try both and see which u prefer. As stated above the Browning seems to point and fit better but Beretta does have better service. It took Browning 5 months to repair a gun I sent in. That is ridiculous. Also Cole's is an excellent choice for service rather than Beretta. However, choose the gun based on how it feels to u.

Frank T

17. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I shoot a pair of 682 Beretta guns and have had good luck with them. The only break down that happened was with the older gun and that was a broken inertia spring. This was something I could replace myself. I'm also left handed and didn't have any problem finding the guns with cast on stocks.

Never owned a Browning XT but the few that I tried didn't 'feel' right. That's just personal preference and you may have the opposite impression. There are a lot of guys that love thier XTs and shoot them well. Either gun would be a good choice so go with the one that strikes your fancy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta 682 gold e vs browning xt

beretta 682 vs browning xt

browning cynergy vs beretta 682 gold