1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 vs B625 Comparison

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by buck50, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buck50

buck50 TS Member

Trying to decide which to purchase...I've got to this point based on appearance only...any advise/opinions will be greatly appreciated...thanks, Carl

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Ford vs Chevy

3. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

There is a lot of difference in the stocks, the 625 has a very close radius pistol grip, you can only decide by at least shouldering both or better to shoot them both.

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

A test drive is about the only way you will get an idea of which one is best for you.

That being said, I am a fan of the 682x Beretta (have two of them) and run about 20K rounds per year out of mine. The only 'issues' have been the inertia reset spring which is fairly delicate and needs replacement every 15K rounds and I did have to replace the locking bolt on the first oversize step at about 60K rounds. These are both jobs that I can do and I'm not a skilled gunsmith.

5. buck50

buck50 TS Member

thanks wolfram,

good to hear from a 682 owner...i wonder what those 625 owners think after 50-60k rounds...

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

That'll be hard to do as the 625's simply haven't been out that long. Most high volume shooters don't shoot Brownings. I'm not trying to start a pissing match here, just stating that very few high volume sporting shooters shoot Brownings.

At the three sporting venues I frequent, 90% or better of the guns are Beretta's. This is a combination on auto's and O/U's. The rest seem to be mostly comprised of Caesar Guerini's and Blasers. There are a smattering of other guns, but the numbers are very low.

ss

7. buck50

buck50 TS Member

I guess you're right mr. shucker...

and okay, I neither wish to start something between two great piece of equipment...

Just trying to determine if one gun might be more suitable for clays, trap and a little hunting...I like the idea of testing both, but, I do not know those that might be willing...sometime folks will give you a go at the trap range, other places not so...that's a lot for one to ask anyway...

Okay, how about those 525/425's folks.. can you weight-in...

thanks all...carl

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

If you are hunting over dogs, you'll want something that isn't ported. All the guys I know with good dogs won't allow anyone with a ported gun to go along. The increased sound can make the dogs a little gun shy.

Another determing factor is the availability of an additional set of barrels. This is where the Beretta's are king. Most suitable barrel lengths for clay target shooting are cumberson when hunting. I tend to prefer 28" or less barrels for hunting (less weight quicker swing) and 32" for clay target shooting.

You can't really get different sets of barrels for Brownings and fitting up some if you can find them is questionable at best.

My suggestion is to get a Beretta 686 White Onyx Sporting with 32" barrels. Have an adjustable comb installed, so you can vary the POI for each situation, and keep your eyes peeled for a used set of 28" barrels. This way you'll have a very fleible gun that'll last you a lifetime.

ss

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

When you throw hunting into the mix Buck, I'm not so sure the 682 is the best gun for that, They are target guns and weigh in accordingly. I have used mine on a dare for roosters and it did the job nicely but it was a chunk to pack. Really not a snappy upland gun. The 686 feild models excell for upland hunting application.

10. buck50

buck50 TS Member

are barrels from 682 and 686 interchangeable...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 686 vs 682