1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 Trigger?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by LABS4U0, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LABS4U0

LABS4U0 TS Member

I have a 682 that will not set the trigger for my second shot. When I put snap caps in and fire the first trigger and try to set the second trigger I have to hit the butt pad three times hard to have it fire. Is this a sign of a weak spring or an inertia block problem? Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. Thx, Darren

2. sydney7

sydney7 TS Member

I had the same problem ,let my gun smith look at it he replaced the spring and it worked good as new.

3. LABS4U0

LABS4U0 TS Member

I have a 682 that will not set the trigger for my second shot. When I put snap caps in and fire the first trigger and try to set the second trigger I have to hit the butt pad three times hard to have it fire. Is this a sign of a weak spring or an inertia block problem? Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. Thx, Darren

4. sydney7

sydney7 TS Member

I had the same problem ,let my gun smith look at it he replaced the spring and it worked good as new.

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

DSo you have a problem with live rounds or just when you dry-fire it?

6. LABS4U0

LABS4U0 TS Member

GunDr, It will not set the second trigger with 2.75 dram 1 1/8 loads.

7. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

I have a 682x gold trap with only about 3000 rounds through it now. On Sunday I shot registered doubles with a 1oz. load running 1200 fps and it doubled 13 or 14 times and if it didn't double it you would have to pull the trigger 3 or 4 times to get both shots to go off! It has mechanical triggers in it. I took the stock off and lubricated the internal workings of the triggers and shot another round of doubles and solved the problem! You might try cleaning and lubricating the trigger mechanism...............Mr.Mark

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

There is a pesky little spring in the trigger assy that likes to break, it's the inertia block lever spring. If the gun is consistantly not setting up, it's probably this spring.

If it's only a few times out of a hundred, the trigger may just need a little tuning up. What I mean by this, is polishing up a few of the contacting surfaces.

One other thing I forgot to ask is if you have anytype of "anti-recoiling" device on the buttstock. These will hinder the movement of the inertia block. And, if this is the case, I would recommend converting the trigger to a mechanical system.

Doug

9. DickG

DickG TS Member

Send it to Rich Cole. Had the same problem, and he fixed it promptly.

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I had the same problem, sent the reciver to Cole gunssmiths and had them switch the function over to mechanical that fixed the problem.

Ronbo

11. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Just got mine back from Cole Gunsmithing for the same problem. $200 plus freight; problem solved; shoots great. Turnaround was 9 days from arrival at their shop.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.