1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 trigger won't reset for 2nd shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tractorboy, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Beretta 682 trigger won

My friend wants to shoot a 7/8 oz load for his first shot on doubles and a 1 oz load for the second shot. His 682 will not set the trigger after the first shot reliably when he uses 7/8oz loads, but will work every time when uses 1oz loads for the first shot.

Can the inertia block spring be trimmed slightly to allow the trigger to reset with his 7/8 oz loads? Is this something that he can do or should he take it to a gunsmith?

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Gunsmith.

3. ccampbell

ccampbell Member

My 682 has the same problem if I dont remove the stock and clean and lubricate the reciever every now and then,it likes to be pampered. CCampbell

4. Bob Merkov

Bob Merkov Member

I had the triggers on my 682 converted over to mechanical by Cole's in Maine and have never had another issue with the second shot!

Bob M.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Check the inertia block and spring, oil it and see if it moves freely, you need to remove the stock to do this.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

One solution to the problem is to increase the weight of the inertia block. A small piece of lead tape placed on the side of the block might solve the problem. HMB

7. RDT

RDT TS Member

Had this trouble before and this is what I did on the 682 gold E.
    First, I took out the stock and washes all the dry gunk out with WD40 then wipe it clean. The issue was my 2nd trigger reset only with the 24 gram(about 7/8 oz) 1400 fps load anything below that speed will not reset. So I took 682 receiver apart and buff the inertia block contacts with fine silicone polishing wheel. Things got better with 7/8 load but need to keep it around 1300 fps. Until I switch the stock to PFS for a better fit and lesser recoil. Now I have to replace the spring for the inertia block with a less K value spring which is thinner wire spring to make it work.
    Lots of taken apart parts and tools are required. Most people would take it to a a gunsmith and be done with it. For me, I just enjoy do this as a hobby.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

lead tape or mechanical triggers. Life is too short.

HM

9. tedskeet

tedskeet TS Member

use 1 oz.in both barrels that will take care it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
barretta 682 trigger wont reaet
beretta 682 gold e how does it reset trigger for nexrt shot
beretta 682 inertia

beretta 682 trigger problems

beretta bl-2 wont set triggers
berreta 686 trigger wont reset
inertia triggers wont reset stock to long
second trigger not resetting on beretta 682