1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 Trigger Problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ChetH, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChetH

ChetH Member

Hi All,

My wife's Beretta 682 has stopped setting the second barrel when shooting doubles (I suppose it doesn't do it on single either, but who cares). She shoots 1oz loads and has a PFS fitted, but this has been the case for several years without a problem.

My short term plan is to clean and lube it and see if that helps. Otherwise, I need advice. I know some folks have had the trigger on their 682 converted to something like a mechanical trigger. Who is the go to guy for Beretta triggers?

thanks
    chet
    21-04285

2. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Chet: it is funny what can happen to a trigger. Apiece of metal can be in there not letting it set. Try this. With the gun empty or snap caps pull the trigger, point gun up in air and bounce the stock on the floor lightly. then pull trigger again with the gun up in the air. Did it fire? I had a piece of metal that when the gun was on my shoulder it would not set second trigger but if pointed up the metal was behind everything and it would go off. Sometimes just a good cleaning and lube will do. As who is the go to guy it all depends where you live. email me if you neeed help. We have a heck of a Beretta guy here near Dayton Ohio. Don

3. 682b

682b Member

Send your action to Kolar for the mechanical trigger conversion. They are more expensive than Briley but they do a better and more reliable job. Kolar uses there own parts vs Briley adapting the original Beretta parts. Call Doug Braker and ask him. (218-947-3600)

4. fracdog

fracdog TS Member

Had the same problem, there is a small grasshopper spring inside the trigger, most likely broke, easy fix for a gun smith.

5. ChetH

ChetH Member

I tried bouncing it, with no joy. We are in Southeast Michigan. We were at the Indiana State Shoot this weekend, there was not a single gunsmith in attendence.

chet

6. ChetH

ChetH Member

Jim,

You have mail.

chet

7. 1st worker

1st worker TS Member

Cheth this a common problem with the Beretta shotguns. They used to a special at the Grand a couple of years ago, where they made into a mechanical trigger for about $ 30.00. I now about 5 people who have had this problem.

8. Jimmmer

Jimmmer TS Member

it is tha inertia spring,cost is about a dollar

9. oz

oz Active Member

there is a small plunger/spring assy nest to the firing pin (2) take the stock off to see. one can stick. free it up and ypu will be all set. oz

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I have this problem with both my 682x guns. It is a broken inertia reset spring which is pretty fragile. The best solution is the mechanical conversion. I am still using the inertia reset system but I replace the spring annually when I do a detailed teardown and cleaning. The repair is easy enough to do but it seems like those little devils only break when you are on the line working on a decent round of registered doubles.

11. tattoomonster

tattoomonster TS Member

Cheth.. replacing that spring is not as easy as they make it sound espcially if you have big hands.

Wolfram I would like to hear more about this mechanical conversion? I have heard some people talk about it but never heard nor seen what it looks like. Any info would be appreciated.

JH

12. primer

primer TS Member

Sorry to use your thread but today out of 25 shells, I had three the primer just dented. I was using the top barrel. Put the shells back in and they fired. Broken firing pin? Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 682 mechanical triggers

beretta shotgun trigger problem
mechanical triggers for beretta 682