1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 Trigger Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Paper Skeet, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paper Skeet

Paper Skeet Member

Long story...I have a 6 year old 682 Gold E which I bought new. I get yearly maintenance done at The Grand. I have always had trigger problems with this gun. The triggeer goes to about a 12 lb. pull every once in a while for no reason. The Beretta folks always say they oiled the inertia block and it's fine.

Last Sunday, I'm shooting doubles with the gun at the Zone Championships. At the end of the first round, the second shot starts failing to fire. I make it through with no more than two "fail to fires". On the second round, the second shot fails often. I miss ten birds due to "fail to fire".

I bring the gun home and carefully remove the stock. Nothing falls out or appears out of order on the action. I spray it down with CLP and clean all that I can with cue tips and patches. I re-assemble the gun, put two snap caps in and pull the trigger. I hear a click. I pull the trigger again without setting the inertia block and hear another click. I wanted to switch to mechanical triggers. Have I accidentally done that without the aid of a gunsmith?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What does oiling the inertia block have to do with a 12lb trigger pull? Sounds like they didn't do anything to fix the trigger pull problem. HMB

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Unless this gun has something other than the factory trigger, you are on the verge of having a gun that will double. Something is deffinately wrong or broken.

If you don't feel confident in tearing the tigger group down yourself then by all means sent it to a pro. Cole's is a great reccomendation.

4. trw

trw Member

I'll relate a possibility .. there are two different stock hole configurations for those 680 series guns and they use two different length stock bolts/screws. It is possible to inadvertently mix them and to even break the back of the trigger in a worst case situation. You didn't state if the buttstock was original to the gun, has been changed or ......

I gained this knowledge about trigger damage the hard way. I don't know if it may apply to your situation, but it may be a possibility. Get a qualified Beretta gunsmith to check it out for you & affect any necessary repairs, even if that means sending the gun across the country. At present, something is clearly wrong.

Kind regards, tw

5. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Paper,

I own a 686 trap combo model and had the same problems until I decided to replace all the springs (and I mean all of them) in the gun. I purchased a spring kit and did it myself (which was almost a mistake), but the problem went away. I've been shooting it for 3 years without any more issues. The failing to fire thing was driving me nuts. But I got it fixed.

Kevin

6. Paper Skeet

Paper Skeet Member

Just a quick update since I am home from work. The gun is completely stock. I have made no modifications. I have replaced the springs in my Ruger Blackhawks and Colt 1911s, but I wouldn't dream of working on the 682. This is the first time I have taken the stock off without a gunsmith. I'll take the gun to the Grand and see if Beretta or another gunsmith can work on the triggers. No more doubles until after that.

7. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

I had similar problems. I just explained it all on the wrong post. Take the barrels off. There are two chrome rods, one on either side. Push them in, they should pull back out by themselves, if not, spring behind has failed. When you shoot and that rod is in the in position, part of your hammer lick is deadened by going out that rod.

The occasional heavy trigger pull is caused by worn sears.

The springs can be gotten from a guy on this board. The sears I got from someone Jim Bledsoe knows. He is on this board also. You can do the work yoursef. It just takes a little patience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
adusting iinertia trigger on a 682 beretta
beretta 682 gold e problems
beretta 682 gold replacing trigger assembly

beretta 682 trigger problems

beretta 682 trigger sear
beretta 687 trigger issues
betetta 382 trigger issues
bretta trigger adjustment 682 gold e