1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tdaws1032, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdaws1032

tdaws1032 TS Member

Quick questions about the Beretta 682 Trap. Can the barrels be changed with other 682's (or 682X)? Can I select which barrel fires first? Finally, what are the overall impressions of this trap gun. Thanks in advance!

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Think of the 680 series Beretta's as the affordable version of the much higher end guns.

Barrels can be easily interchanged, though a little fitting may be required for proper forend fit.

You can easily switch between barrels on most models (The 682X unsingle models had a screw in the saftey locking the selector, but can easily be removed).

The actions are very rebuildable and easily serviced. Lot's of aftermarket available for these guns.

I really like the 680 series Beretta's and think that they are a little underated these days. They are great shooters and balance well. Best of all, you can buy them without ports!

ec90t

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

tdaws1032:

Ok I think that ec90t said about what I was going to say and also I like the old 680's better than the 682's only reason is because of the Unsingle barrel weight but as in the past a lot of the 682 shooters had the metal groung out between the rib ok there was plenty to get rid of and still was as strong as the 680 unsingle barrel.

Ok anytime I am serious I will shoot my 25 year old 680 combo and I also have 2 682 barrel's with it I thought it would be nice to add a top single barrel to it plus a set of 32" over and under's from a 682 so the sky is the limit with these guns I have had 2 more barrels that fit pretty close just had to file a bit off the ejector to make it perfect.

Also used to in the past if you wore the locking bolt out then you would have to go to a larger size but now days there are a lot of good gun smiths that can just re do the barrel's locking holes and in my case a year ago it was the best choice for me since Beretta at the Grand said it would cost me out my A** and I asked about Tig welding the holes up but they said the insurance didn't cover it but the gun smith also told me if it was him he would have it done but don't tell anyone ok I don't even remember his name.

The reason I wanted mine re done instead of a larger locking bolt put in was because I had a cherry top single barrel that I hadn't shot much at all and the Un - Single was pretty well worn but I like the work that Phillip from Phillip's Gunsmithing done to it because now I have a matching 3 barrel set and the locking bolt is the same for all 3 barrel's.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/doucuments/?action=view&current=phillip.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I was also pleased with some of the other stuff he done for me for the same price.

So tdaws1032 if you are like me and don't want to impress everyone one then go for it because they will still be shooting longer than the other Higher grade gun's.

Foggy

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

ec90t:

Yeah the set screw is very handy for someone that shoot's the same barrel first, all the time I know it cost me a few birds in the past before the 2 for no reason malfunctions rule.

<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/gdarnell/guns/craigs/?action=view&current=IMG_5528.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I went and drilled the center of the selector also Now days I can leave the screw in or out.

Fog

5. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Like my Gold E combo so much I bought a 680 O/U as backup. Like it too!

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

That's funny Jim!

I should add that llano bill is one very knowledgeable Beretta guy. A fellow can learn a lot from Jim and Foggy!

ec90t

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I bought a heavily used 682x combo about 15 years ago and liked it so much that I bought a newer 682x combo just in case the old gun failed. I'm still shooting both guns. I got both guns with a factory cast off stock (lefty)and they fit me well. No complaints and lots of great shooting memories.

The only thing that should be improved on these guns is the inertia reset system. This relies on a rather fragile spring which breaks after about 15K rounds. Cheap and easy to fix the spring but a $150 mechanical conversion eliminates the worry about breaking down on the line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.