1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 Trap Discontinued

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shootsome, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootsome

shootsome Member

I noticed that Beretta dealers are having close-out sales on the 682 Gold E Trap Guns. A dealer told me that Beretta has decided to discontinue the 682 Trap model. They don't know what will replace it in Beretta's Trap line. The 682 Sporting model will still be made. This is news to me.

2. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Unfortunate. For those of us who cannot afford Kolars, Kriegoffs or Perazzis the Gold E is a really nice affordable alternative.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

If this is true ... they will replace it with another similar product. Bill Malcolm

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I'll bet that they are discontinueing the top single model. The unsingles are selling to well for Beretta to drop them. A call to Joel Etchen will resolve this issue.

ec90t

5. shootsome

shootsome Member

I got my info from Etchen's. They will probably come out with a gun with a bigger price tag to increase the profit margin. Like a Trap version of the SV10.

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

The recent 682 E line was a 'hold over' line from the move to the new Beretta factory - several skids of 'lost' 682 receivers were discovered during or after the move. Rather than destroy them Beretta worked them into the 'E' for the US market (notice the price point of the DT-10 before and after the introduction of the 682 E, and where the 682 E entered the market).

Looks like they are running out of these receivers and are now pushing a 687 version of the gun.

One need only look to the 686 X-Trap line to understand what goes on. This shotgun was meant to compete with the BT-99/100 line - dollar for dollar it is a much finer shotgun, but market share (relative to world wide purchases) was rather small so Beretta let it fold (I own both - absolutely NO comparison between the two on quality and workmanship).

Beretta is a global company ans has always sold firearms as such. The US market (especially for trap) is a niche market - (hey, who else shoots release triggers?). Beretta, as have most manufacturers in Europe, 'tweak' existing guns for the US market rather than purpose build them for it.

Look at a Caesar Guerini to see a purpose built gun - designed to satisfy what US shooters want/expect in a firearm. Not that one is 'better' or 'worse' than the other, but the Guerini aims to give you exactly what you want right out of the box.

Oddly, the exact opposite tends to happen with rifles...

We flock to Reminghton 700's only needing to spend several hundred dollars to 'make it shoot' once we've bought it. Take a Sako or Tikka - both are tack drivers with fantastic triggers right out of the box (yes, Beretta owns both of these companies).

It has less to do with 'higher profit margins' than it has to do with 'stop-loss.' If the 682's were trashed, there would have been a big loss. Tweak it for the US and you can sell an 'old' receiver in a new package and create profit. Once they are gone you do not want to go back and re-do the same, so you move into the present model...

My $0.02

David D

7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Dear EE,

I'm not so sure it's opinion, more like observation - your results may vary.

I know I am putting my foot in my mouth, and I'll give you your due, but you are a hand loader - this tells me you understand what it takes to squeeze the best out of a rifle.

But where did that rifle start?? - What was the process you went through to get that 0.3"?? How was the trigger (my experience with 700's is not so good in this department), how may rounds did you work up to achieve that? - the Sako's and Tikkas come with adjustable triggers that are as good as any aftermarket one you might choose. I'm not saying the 700 is a bad rifle - it just seams we need to do a lot to them (I know liability issues have hampered trigger pulls until the Savage Accu-trigger debuted) to get them to shoot.

I have a Sako in 300 Weatherby. These rifles all come shooting 1" at 100m, or they don't leave the factory - working carefully on hand loads I've gotten to the point where three bullets share the same hole at 300 yards - leaves a nice clover leaf (bench rest, still day, protected range - figure about 0.5~0.6" group)... The gun far out-shoots me.

Yes, you might be right that your rifle is shooting remarkably well - more power to you there, but my comment was really meant in the other direction - concerning shoguns... My comment on rifles was meant only for contrast.

Buy a shotgun in Europe, especially the UK, and the first thing they do is ask about your measurements and fit vis-a-vis the stock. When was the last time that happened to you here??
    What the store has in stock always seams to be just close enough... (tough on me - I'm left handed).

What we want from a shotgun, what we get when we buy it, and what we SHOULD want from a shotgun and DEMAND in the one we buy seldom happens here. I travel to Europe quite a bit for work and I have first hand experience with this. Frustrating, very frustrating.

To paraphrase Enzo Ferarri - 'Americans - the worse you treat them the more money they want to give you.'

Continued good luck with your Remingtons - you've had better luck than I. I hope I have not insulted - certainly not my intention.

Now, do you case neck turn, trim to length, open flash holes, weigh brass and bullets????

David D

8. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

EE,

Here's one for you.

I suspect you've heard about cryogenic stress relief for rifle barrels. - A dip in liquid nitrogen to release the stress formed in the steel during casting, boring, rifling (mostly from casting).

Go to Sako/Tikka and you will see a cool thing (no pun intended). Their in-door range is 100m. Along the outside walls are big overhangs, under these overhangs are rack upon rack of bar stock - barrels in the rough if you will. The metal sits for several years (I forget if it's 5 or 10 average) in the extreme cold of Finland - net result is a stress relieved steel - for free.

What caliber is the M70??

David D

9. pjb1

pjb1 TS Member

How did this thread get to be about rifles?

10. shootsome

shootsome Member

Is the 682E worth the money? Is it a good value or is it over priced?

11. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

This should clear things up: The under-single now will be over-priced and the over-single will be under-priced. Does that help? ....Rick

12. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Response (Butch Kolich) - 09/18/2008 04:55 PM

Hello Jim: Thank you for contacting Beretta Customer Support. I doubt very seriously if the 682 series will be discontinued. The sales are to get rid of excess inventory in certain areas. I think some of these dealers are smokin' some high performance shtuff.

If you have follow up questions or need further assistance with this issue, please update this incident.

Best regards, Beretta Customer Support

13. JH

JH Well-Known Member

The plan is for the Perennia (SV10)to ultimate replace all 680 series guns. Newer is often not better. If you like the 682s...buy one while they are being "closed-out." The 682 is a PROVEN performer...who knows how the SV10 will turn out....(remember Berettas tend to de-volve, think about the ASE 90 as compared to the DT10!).....

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Not quite.

Response (Butch Kolich) - 09/19/2008 09:41 AM

Hello Jim: Thank you for contacting Beretta Customer Support.

The Perennia is a supurb up coming gun but will have a way to go to completely replace the 680 line. If you have follow up questions or need further assistance with this issue, please update this incident.

Best regards, Beretta Customer Support

15. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I spent a day in Beretta USA's offices in Maryland a few weeks ago. If the 682 is being discontinued, their top brass was not informed of that. Much of our conversation revolved around that model.

Ed

16. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I guess I'll add My $ 00.02 Here it is ::: First off all I recently found out that the " E " in 682E stands for " Evolution "

Now here is a few Defonitions of that word :1. any process of formation or growth; development: the evolution of a language; the evolution of the airplane.
    2. a product of such development; something evolved: The exploration of space is the evolution of decades of research.
    3. Biology. change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift.
    4. a process of gradual, peaceful, progressive change or development, as in social or economic structure or institutions.
    5. a motion incomplete in itself, but combining with coordinated motions to produce a single action, as in a machine.

No MY theory is that they are going to Build onto this 682 Idea that they had with their Lower Profile Reciever ( The Reciever of the 682 Gold E ) But now they are going to ADD to the same Line, a Combo Set Probaly called the 682 Gold EE ( 682 GoldEE ) which will include a New Model of their OU Barrels which will have a Adjustable Rib on it, They will later Add a Top Single with an adjustable Rib on it, I had mentioned this Idea to one of Berettas Big Wigs at the PA. State shoot and His Eyes lit up and I could Hear the Bells ringing in His Head, I had said to Him that the 682 Gold E Package that He had there was Nice But what is the advantage of a adjustable rib Unsingle or Top Single if you are a Doubles Shooter and Have to change the settings on your stock or what ever, what I am trying to say is going from singles to doubles without adjustable ribs on both sets of barrels sort of defeats the purpose of having a COMBO,,, Perazzi Has it Kriegoff Has it so now if Beretta would go with that I personally think that they would have a WINNER. I have personally bought and shot most all of the TOP name Trap Guns that you read about here everyday, all by the way in the last year and a half !!! including Kolar, Silver Seitz, KX5,Lujtic, Remington 90T, Browning XT,Model 12,1100,870 and BELIEVE IT OR NOT SOME OTHERS, and I an now shooting a 682 Gold E Combo which I traded for here on TS.com last summer, got a real good deal from a real good gentelman from Mississippi, ( Thanks again Jim Porter) Sometimes one gets lucky, what i mean by that is all of the guns that I said are really truly Great guns, but no matter how good the gun is or how much it cost, means nothing if it dosent FIT You correctly, and I dont only mean measurments, weight Balance etc. very important, ( More Later )

17. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Actually, if you set the comb so the O/U barrels without an adjustable rib shoot where you want them and then adjust the unsingle's rib to do the same, you don't have to change your comb setting when you change barrels.

Ed

18. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Ed has it figured out. :^)

19. mosby1

mosby1 TS Member

get one before they are gone!!! 32/34 top single 3000$

20. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

well shooting coach, I am sure that you know your CHIT but that method of shooting is just for everyone, I personally like to stack my beeds in some sort of a figure 8, ( and only as a referance point ) after I do that I completely forget about looking at those beads and I consentrate on the target, Now like you said, raising the comb, sure ( I know all the Chit about your eye being the rear sight ) but I cannot be as percise using that method as well as I can If I have adjustable ribs on both sets of barrels, all and good for you out there that shoot that way but we all dont, and I am not saying use the beads to aim at the target, we all know that is a NONO just to use then to make sure you are locking in and using them beads as a referance, and I cant do that with a combo that has one adjustable barrel and not the other, if I was shooting a top single with a fixed rib and a OU barrel with the same type of rib, both with the same POI that would be fine, but if I shoot 90-10 with My single and set the beads they way I like then I have to look at a landing strip between the beads of My Ou Barrels and guess at the proper gap between beads..... Oh Well what the Cell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta 682 gold e discontinued
beretta 682 gold e trap
beretta 682 gold e trap combo review
beretta 682 gold e trap review

beretta 682 trap

beretta 682 trap gun
beretta 682 trap review
beretta 682 x trap review