1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 Trap Barrel Point of Impact Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JPSmall, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPSmall

JPSmall Member

I am considering the purchase of an older 30 inch Beretta 682 Gold mobile choked Trap Barrel with a raised rib for my 682 sporting. I am interested in trying a raised rib/heads up shooting style for skeet/sporting clays and was uncertain of the 682 raised rib trap barrel shot 60/40 or 50/50. If it shoots 50/50 then it would be simple to adjust the comb a little higher but my shooting style would not otherwise change. Presumbaly if its 60/40 I might have to float the bird a little bit.

Thought I would ask some questions and request some input before spending money on an experiment.

thanks.
    JP

2. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Like Pat said, shoot it before you buy. 682's have a reputation for bad POI. I think they are made to shoot 60/40 bottom and 50/50 top. I have 4 and they all shoot different poi. The new barrels with optima chokes are said to be better.

3. twopipe

twopipe Member

no they're not !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.