1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 Stock Help ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gamba Man, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamba Man

Gamba Man Active Member

Friend of mine owns this Beretta 682 Trap gun. He would like to change the stock/forend and he likes the 682 Gold E wood sets with adjustable comb, but we're not sure if they fit the standard 682 guns. Will they fit ???

Also,..I do not have this gun in hand, but is this the 682 'X' version, or is this the standard rib height for all 682 Trap gun? Are the 682 'X' stocks hard to find ?

Cesare

gambaman_2008_060355.jpg

2. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Cesare,

I don't think your friend will have any problems stock swapping, but the new stock will probably require some minor fitting here and there.

We've put a "gently used" 682 Gold E stock on a Gold without any additional work. And then bought a Joel Etchen 687 stock and it worked perfectly on the same 682 Gold with minor fitting.

If you have any questions, I would contact Coles...

TNCoach

3. Gamba Man

Gamba Man Active Member

Thanks TNCoach

I recomended he call Cole Gunsmithing and ask the people there.

I thought I had read somewhere that the 682 receivers were wider/thicker than the 682 Gold E receivers ?

Cesare

4. MrRojo

MrRojo TS Member

I have had both the 682X combo and also in a O/U only configuration. The combo set had that rib height as pictured above, however my O/U has a much taller rib which stands at .503" (Top of rib to top of over barrel). That stock is factory with no adjustable elements. I also have a 682X combo that has 686 wood on it. That stock fit no problem, but the total weight of the gun increased to a whopping 13 pounds.

The point: I've concluded with my experiences to support what TNCoach stated: you shouldn't have an issue with a stock swap. However, finding an 682X stock for the higher rib, I cannot be of assistance. Call Cole for further assistance. Good luck!

John

5. Gamba Man

Gamba Man Active Member

Thanks....I'm assuming an adjustable comb 682 Golde E stock will be the best bet, adjustments in comb hight will accomadate for different rib hights,...I'm assuming ?

Cesare

6. skeezix

skeezix Member

Does he want a new stock for some reason in specific? Or, does he just want a stock with an adjustable comb? If he wants an adjustable comb, there are any number of folks that install adjustable combs - and much better combs than what Beretta puts on their guns. Tron, Grayco, Hissem (unfortunately for shooters he is retired) all do great work.

john

7. Gamba Man

Gamba Man Active Member

He is looking for a new/or almost new stock because the other stock had been butchered by the previous owner,the rest of the gun is mint though,....so he's looking for a replacement 682/682 Gold E stock/forend with an adjustable comb (not 100% sure yet if the 682 Gold E stock fits to a 682 receiver/forend iron).

Cesare

8. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Your pic shows the mid height rib, the original 682"X" meant Xtra high rib. They were made in a lot of different configurations.

A 682E M/C stock maybe a litle high for that rib unless he has very high cheekbones. It will bolt right on, though. Regards, GAP.

9. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

All Beretta 682's came from the factory with "proud wood", to allow for the inevitable refinishing.

If you check Joel Etchen's website, he advertises 682E stocks as fitting all 682/686/687 guns.

Yes, they bolt right on. And unless you have a real early 682 or 680, the wood will be proud by about .020". Slightly less for the early guns.

Always glad to help, GAP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta 682 gold e stock adjustment
beretta 682 gold e trap how to adjust stock
beretta 682 history
beretta s 682 shotgun stock
bretta shotgun stocks fourm

old beretta s 682 replacement stocks

stock fittong for a betets 682 gold e

what stock fits a berretta 682x