1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beretta 682 safety?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

I have a 682 non selective safety on my gun and there is a 682 selective safety for sale on trapshooter.? is how hard is it to change and how many more parts do i need to make the switch?

2. shogan191

shogan191 TS Member

Are you asking about a selective trigger? I'm not sure what a selective safety is?

3. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

yes a selective trigger.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Take the scew out of it and it will be selective. Just be sure not to bump the selector with your thumb though.

ss

5. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Apparently some of you folks have never seen a Beretta 682 with a non-selectable trigger. The ones I have seen were 682X O/U and fired the bottom barrel first. I also think there were some Top Singles versions.

There are several additional parts needed in addition to the selective safety button. If you enlarge the parts diagram, in the link above, you will see that the trigger on the non-selective version lacks the "selector pawl" (#107) and the pin (#16) to hold it in place. You will also need a right side connection lever (#105)

I was going to purchase a non-selective trigger 682 receiver a few years ago and looked at doing this conversion, but found a selective version so I did not pursue it. The important issue is if the the non-selective trigger is drilled for the selection pawl.

Another potential issue. I have seen several 682's that had been shot a lot as either top or bottom singles, that would not swap barrels when the selecter was moved to the opposite position. I have a 682X un-single that had to have the inertia block sears and hammer sears polished before it would swap barrels if the top barrel was selected.

Michael Goines

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 682 non-selective trigger

berreta selective safety