1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Beretta 682 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MtnGun, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MtnGun

MtnGun Member

How hard is it to deactivate the ejectors on a 682?
  2. MtnGun

MtnGun Member

How hard is it to deactivate the ejectors on a 682?
  3. DMASTER

DMASTER TS Member

Contact Beretta, Beretta does convert extractors for 680X models to ejectors by installing new ejector plungers (@$2.00 ea.), springs (@$2.00 ea.) and ejectors (@$49.00 ea.). Labor is based on $60.00 per hour. :)
  4. berettaclayshooter

berettaclayshooter TS Member

Your better off contacting Rich Cole (www.colegun.com). He is the beretta man, with MUCH better service than Beretta USA.

-B.C.S.
  5. pakk

pakk Member

will Beretta sell those parts?
  6. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Why not just remove the springs?
  7. pakk

pakk Member

If you just removed the spring, you will have a hard time closing the gun.

I called Beretta and they don't know anything about new springs, plunger, or extractor to convert.
  8. skeezix

skeezix Member

It's not the springs and ejectors - it's a modification of the forearm levers. I have read that Coles does it for about $50.00 +/-. I believe it is a very slight modification to the forearm levers - and to go back to ejectors you would then have to replace the levers. You don't want to mess with the ejectors as they are expensive to replace (refit)

You can cut a couple coils off of the ejector springs - that gives you weak ejectors - not extractors. If you go that route make sure you take off one coil at a time, and no more than 3 or 4 total - you don't want the ejectors sloppy so they need some spring behind them when they are extended or they won't engage the receiver properly. If you shoot steel based hulls I don't know that I'd go that route though.

Essentially - if your gun is unfired - you have extractors. This is because there is no force required to compress the hammer springs. What that affects is the movement of the forearm levers - if there is no resistance (hammer springs) they follow the ejectors and keep the ejectors from firing. If the levers have to compress the hammer springs - then the forearm levers can't follow the ejectors and they fire. By re-profiling the forearm levers you can create extractors.

john
  9. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Member

I had Cole's modify a pair of forearm levers so they function as extractors and send them to me a couple of years ago; the cost was about $45.00. Installation is stupid-simple so reversing this when you want to return to ejectors is easily accomplished.

Doc
  10. pakk

pakk Member

Can this cole's modification be done with out sending the gun in?
  11. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Member

Yes; just tell them to send you the modified forearm levers. The installation is a simple exchange. There is a flat spot on the pivot pins that the retainer screws mate with so pay attention when reinstalling and you are done. This is not a permanent modification; if you wish to return to ejectors put the other levers back in.

Doc
  12. pakk

pakk Member

Just spoke with Cole's. It came out to $72.58 shipped for a pair of levers. Thanks for the heads up.
  13. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Member

Damn; that is HIGH!!!!

Doc
  14. pakk

pakk Member

Really? I thought it was cheap. I get a new pair of levers modified shipped.

New levers ~$30
    Shipping ~$5
    That leaves $37 for labor
  15. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Member

I guess you are right...

doc
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.