1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Fireball, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fireball

Fireball Member

One of the guys I shoot with has a problem with his 682. He shoots the over and under barrels, mainly the bottom barrel. Every so often when he closes the gun somehow the brass on the shell gets mucked up. It will actually rip the brass. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks Dave

2. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

He may have to resize the shells if he isn't.

3. Fireball

Fireball Member

The shells drop into the chamber with no problems. It's when he closes the gun that the base of the shell is damaged. I think it may have something to do with the ejector. Thoughts?

4. skeezix

skeezix Member

I had a similar problem with AAHS 28 gauge hulls in my Briley ultralight tubes. The lip of the hull was catching on the ejector notch in the tubes. I very carefully and very lightly broke (chamfered) the ejector notch on the tubes and have never had a problem since.

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

First, be sure the ejectors compress ALL the ay down. With gun open used a finger to press each ejector flush with the face of the barrel. This will be hard to do (strong spring), but should go easily with no 'hitch.'

Next, pull the ejectors and be sure that they, the springs, and the plungers are clean (they often get a bit of rust built up on them). Also, check the spring hole itself for dirt and debris. There is a vent hole at the forward end of the hole so you can run a Q-tip in to push the crud out of the vent.

Next, check that the cocking rods move freely (these are located on the inside of the action - one on either side - round rods that extend from just below the hinges back into the action itself). They should move easily back with just a light push.

Also check the ejector hooks as they stick out of the back of the fore-end. They should move freely.

Sounds like some aspect of this chain is hanging up. I would suspect rust or debris is the culprit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.