1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MTA Tom, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

A good friend living near Ludington, Michigan, sent me the following email:

"My 682 Super Sporting will not shoot doubles. Our local gunsmith (78 year old) is not taking any more business. I thought you might be able to suggest a repair center closer than Midwest Gunworks Inc, in Pevely Mo. This is the central region center recommended by Beretta. The gun has never been serviced. I can see a small spring behind the hammers that appears loose or broken. What else should I have them check ?"

Any suggestions?

2. DickG

DickG TS Member

I had a problem with my 682X not firing the second barrel. Sent it to Coles, and he fixed it. I know that Maine is not very close to Mo., but he is very good with Beretta's.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Phillip's at the above link is in ALBERT LEA , MN. 56007. He will be leaving to go to the MO Fall Classic. I'm having him do my release trigger on my Beretta 682 after being referred to him by many shooters. His Phone: 210-313-5988.----Matt

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

What about Dougs - he is very good

5. Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder TS Member

I had a problem with mine out of the box. Took it to the factory in Acokeek MD and they fixed it. Evidently the recoile was not enough to reset the trigger for the second shot.

Jim

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Tom,

I'd give Tron a call. He's up there in Michigan and probably fix your buddy right up. He's mainly known on this site for stock work, but he's also a pretty darn good 'smith.

ss

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

It is the inertia reset spring which is very fragile and prone to breakage. They are easy enough to replace and fairly inexpensive. I do my own work and get parts from Cole's. If your pal doesn't feel up to working on his own gun then have him send it to Coles and have them give it a complete inspection when they do the spring replacement.

8. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Thanks. I appreciate the good suggestions.

9. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I posted the repair for this problem several years ago, I called it the tothpick and dental floss method, and it is pretty easy to do. It is likely that this fragile spring did in fact give it up. start by taking the stock off on the table over some paper towels, the bits of what is left of the spring will fall onto the paper. Order the replacement spring , less than 10 bucks, once you are happy that this is the problem. the problems with replaceing the spring is that you really need 3 hands and small ones at that.....that is where the round toothpick and the dental floss comes in. I have some pics to show you, but basically the toothpick simulates the pin that holds the spring in place, the floss to gently lift the end of the spring into place, then push the pin through displacing the toothpick (which had been cut to length to simulate the pin.) PM me and I can explain in more depth. I am about to get on a flight and will be home tomorrow night.
    total time to fix is 15 minutes after the stock has been removed (I have done two and coached another) FrankC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.