1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 or DT-10?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dale58, Jul 10, 2013.

1. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

I have never shot a DT-10, but like the looks of them alot. I have shot the 682 gold e and like it too. Is the DT-10 that much better? They seem about the same except for the locking system. Thanks, Dale

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Get a 682, because you can fit it with a PFS---a big plus for any non custom gun,

Phil Berkowitz

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I owned a 686 prior to my DT-10 that I currently shoot. The feel, the weight, the quality and the ease of cleaning the trigger (drop out trigger) will make me never go back.

Kevin

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

There really is no comparison, in my opinion. The photos are of my DT10s with PFS grips by Stocker John.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Back in 2001, when both guns were still fairly new to the market, I spoke with a Beretta rep manning their display at the Connecticut State Shoot. When I asked him which one he preferred, he said that unless he felt that a Greener locking system was worth an extra $4,000, he would take the 682. Two very good guns for the price of one slightly better one made more sense to him.

When I toured Beretta's Accokeek, Maryland facility in 2008, I asked several people in management why they felt the DT-10 wasn't selling in better numbers. It sure looks, feels and handles like a premium gun but at the time, they were being outsold by the more expensive Krieghoffs and Perazzis. Their universal opinion was the public's perception that the DT-10 was too expensive "for a Beretta." That same perception likely affects the DT-10's resale value negatively.

The same thing is happening right now in high-end imported Asian cars. While Honda, Toyota and Nissan have separated their "better" car lines by having Acura, Lexus and Infinity dealerships, Hyundai markets their Genesis line in the same showrooms with the other Hyundais and while being VERY nice cars, they aren't setting the world on fire in the sales department. We've had a gorgeous silver 2013 with 13,000 miles in stock for several weeks and despite having it prominently displayed on our lot and on our website and priced almost $5,000 under Kelley Blue Book, it isn't attracting any inquiries, in person or online. They are just too expensive "for a Hyundai." I've driven it about 100 miles and can tell you that it has the fit and finish of and drives like the other "better" Asian cars; perhaps even as nicely as those "better" German brands we also sell.

Ed

6. Ogallala_1

Ogallala_1 Member

So what your saying is you have a hyundai for sale $5000 back of book?

John

7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I've a 686, 687, and DT-10.

Three custom stocks (I am left handed).

There is no comparison. The DT-10 wins hands down.

The 686 is a dedicated trap gun while the 687 and DT-10 are set up as sporting clays guns. I still shoot trap with the DT-10 (I like a flat shooting gun). I can go back and forth with little change in scores.

The DT-10 just feels better. The lock up is stronger, love the detachable trigger, barrels have a better feel as well.

I bought mine used and got a great price on it. I have spare trigger springs rather than a full trigger group.

Only service was a broken trigger sear spring (three cost me about ten bucks shipped from Cole's) - took about five minutes to change out.

8. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have both and I agree with the above post. Both have "custom" stocks. Chichay

9. Gamba Man

Gamba Man Active Member

I'd suggest a used minty DT-10 for the same price as a new 682/692.

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

John, yes we do. In my retirement years, I'm a driver for Enterprise Car Sales in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. I'm not a salesperson but you can look at photos and a video of the car on our website (link above) and if interested, call 866-533-7067 and ask for Mark Dahl.

I must tell you that I found when getting that link that I erred on the mileage - it is 17,000, not 13,000. I went by memory in that first post and should know by now not to trust mine!

Ed

11. Baber

Baber TS Member

There are two major difference between the 680 and DT10. First is the barrels. The 680 uses seamless tubing whereas the DT 10 is individually forged like a Perazzi. In comparisons the 680 swings like a fence post wheras the DT10 has a much better feel. The other area is the trigger. Now... neither of them is a good as a Perazzi but the DT10 is much closer. The 680 has its problems and is not a reliable as a DT10.

T

12. Soot Them All

Soot Them All Active Member

After shooting my DT-10 the past 10 years and as an owner of a 682 greystone before, the DT is a far better shooting gun, reliable as a tank, its a pretty heavy gun but for me it just a tough rugged gun, i have broken only one cocking rod spring in the 10 years, a 3 dollar part, trigger's are just fine some people complain but its a great gun, mine shows very little wear and still locks tight afte 100,000 rounds, Steve

13. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

It appears that Beretta weights the single barrel to feel comparable to the over unders, also.

14. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

If I could find a minty all original DT10 top combo for the same price as a new 682 top combo I would probably buy it. A new 682 gold E top combo is $4,275.00. Dale

15. Gamba Man

Gamba Man Active Member

Here you go:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/937182507/Beretta_DT10_Trident_Combo.htm

16. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

680 series , parts wood barrels galore for cheap anytime. Both guns break. Give me two or three 682 guns for the price of a DT10. I shot a well used 687EELL that had over 250,000 only 2 hammer springs replaced still tight as a tick on the #2 fork
    .Jeff

17. Baber

Baber TS Member

Cheetah

Have seen numerous trigger problems with 680 series guns. The Army MTU evaluated them and determined that the triggers were not as reliable as Perazzi.

T

18. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

19. tgs1420@gmail.com

tgs1420@gmail.com Member

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthreads.cfm