1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 or Browning 625

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lbshootin, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Ah Ha...Get your opinions going...I am looking for a good all around O/U for doubles, Sporting Clays, Five Stand, and believe it or not even SKEET (shudder)..I have decided down to a choice between a new Beretta 682 Gold E 30" and a new Browning 625 30"..or a used O/U barrel for my MX3 Top Single..all in the same price range ($2500)..Which would you choose and why...LarryB (BTW, I hate DOUBLES)

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Larry: In my humble opinion, your best bet is the Beretta. The 682 is a good solid gun and I guess I just prefer the Beretta over the Browning. However, it's all personal preference. Shoot both, if possible, and decide. Good Luck . Ed

3. shrek

shrek Active Member

I would say whichever one fits you the best. as Esoxhunter said try to shoot both.

I have a 525 that I use for sporting clays that I like very much.

I have never had the opportunity to shoot a 682, though I like the looks of them and would like to try one.

Then again maybe a I better not, I might get to liking it too much....

4. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I have a Browning Citori & a Beretta 682 E & have shot both for 5-stand & sporting clays. I personally like the Beretta better. Seems to be a better built gun. As for your MX-3, if it's not a SPECIAL, you may be limited as far as available O/U barrels & ideally you might want choke tubes & a selectable trigger. Then things start to get spendy. I considered doing all that to my Type 3 MX-8 & decided to just leave it alone. John

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The easiest part of this equasion is the fact that you can buy the Beretta W/O porting! A definite plus in my book.

ec90t

6. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Personally, I prefer Brownings, I've never held a 625, but I've done a fair amount of shooting with a 525 and prefer it over any Beretta O/U I've had the oppurtunity to shoot. That's just me, though, like said above, try both out and see which one you like better. That's the key, you see.

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Go the Beretta.....browning has a very poor service record. With a Beretta you have the choice of factory service or do like me and send it to Cole's in Maine every 2 years for a complete tune up.

I put about 15,000 rounds through my 682 yearly.....

Curt

8. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

LB,
    Let me know when/where you want to shoot a 682 with the 30" O/U barrels, and I'll bring one out. :) I'll even bring the factory buttstock with adjustable comb so you can fiddle with it should you so desire.

All you have to do is ask......

the other Larry (the one who DOES like doubles!)

9. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

Just for your consideration, there are some Browning 525 Sporting grade III's around for your price range (Gunbroker.com has them for an average price of $2200). It is a good buy for the money as it comes with 5 midas chokes ($50 each if bought seperately)and some nice wood. The grade I comes with plain wood, not the engraving and only three tubes but for several hundred dollars less. I purchased one recently after trying the Beretta. I felt that the Beretta had more kick to it. The suggestions made above that you try before you buy is a very good one. My 2 cents worth. Bob

10. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have an MX3 with fixed chokes that I use for Doubles. I thought about getting a single barrel for it but I don't want to mess with the locking block and barrel lugs again since it now works just great as an over/under.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.