1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 Monoblock/ Barrel Separation?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by leftex, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftex

leftex Active Member

I have a 682 oversingle barrel that has separated from the monoblock by about .020". What is the proper fix? Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions besides the obvious "Send it to Cole's"? How much should I expect to pay for this repair?

Thanks,
    Wayne

2. dzneff

dzneff Member

I had the same thing happen with an over barrel about 6 or 7 years ago. Had Beretta factory repair at no charge. Sold the gun about 4 years ago. The new owner had a similar monoblock seperation occur after shooting it extensively for about 3 years; probably 60 - 80,000 rounds. He sent it to Beretta who repaired it again. He then bought a new barrel and sold the twice repaired barrel. My advice if you are aregular trap shoooter is to buy a new barrel.
    Denny

3. dzneff

dzneff Member

I had the same thing happen with an over barrel about 6 or 7 years ago. Had Beretta factory repair at no charge. Sold the gun about 4 years ago. The new owner had a similar monoblock seperation occur after shooting it extensively for about 3 years; probably 60 - 80,000 rounds. He sent it to Beretta who repaired it again. He then bought a new barrel and sold the twice repaired barrel. My advice if you are aregular trap shoooter is to buy a new barrel.
    Denny

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

A friend of mine had this happen to his 680 series a few years ago and it was repaired at no cost to him. It was gone for some time. I believe he told me that they sent it back to Italy for repair. IMHO Beretta should repair this at no charge to you. If you bought it new contact your dealer, if not contact Beretta. Tell them you need a replacement while yours is being repaired. Bill Malcolm

5. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

THis happened to my 686 34 top single, shipped it up to Los Angeles and Beretta paid for the fix..took only 5 working days, they shipped it back to by front door..no prblems since..Go to the BerettaUSA.com site, and give them a call...lb

6. C50

C50 TS Member

I had this happen to me 2 years ago to my fathers gun I was using since he quit shooting. I decided to shoot it. Called Beretta they said ship the whole gun to them with a letter telling them what the problem was. I got the gun back in 2 weeks all fixed with a test fire report and no charge. Only had to pay for the UPS trip there.

7. C50

C50 TS Member

Forgot to mention I only had to send it to Beretta in Maryland

8. leftex

leftex Active Member

Thanks for the advice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how identify beretta 682 barrels