1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beretta 682... in pink

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by beretta682, Jun 13, 2013.

1. beretta682

beretta682 Member

I am new to trap shooting, and recently made the jump from a field grade mossberg silver reserve to a Beretta 682 top single combo. (Quite a jump, I know) but it was a deal noone in their right mind could refuse. $2000. But, there is one dilema. The previous owner took the stock to an auto body shop and had it primed, painted and clear coated in a rather 'save the ta-tas'- ish pink. I have a rather wealthy friend who is buddies with the owner of wenig stocks and he said he can get it removed refinished and re checkered, for not much but not till the grand in August. So I can either try to take it off myself, and run the chance of ruining the stock, or shoot the pink gun until August. Any ideas are greatly appriciated :)

Thank You,
    Cole Redding

2. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Shoot it pink tell people your backing the Breast cancer awareness movement. But they don't say much after that

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with getting in touch with your feminine side

4. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Cole, do you shoot it or look at it? Or are you one of those guys that's concerned about what the other guys are thinking? Shoot the bird. The rest doesn't matter

Rick in MT

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

You got a 687 or a 682. There only the new 692 sporter in 30" barrel at dealer as of today. There are some coming in soon and dealer may have then by the week end.
    But for a 692 there is no trap model out yet.

6. beretta682

beretta682 Member

sorry, intended to put 682 but i was on my cell phone and things get tricky on a tiny keyboard. I was thinking of playing the breast cancer movement until August. also, is there anything on these guns that breaks easy, or a downfall to them? i bought in a hurry because i knew i would never see that kind of deal again and would like some more info on the gun. And its really more of a dignity thing, i dont mind it but im sure some immature person at a shoot will have a laugh at it.

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Well since it is going to get stripped down and recheckered anyway .... you could get a pint of dark brown paint and brush it on with a coarse bristle brush making 'grain' lines and swirlies over the underlying pink. Then you could tell everyone it is some kind of exotic hardwood from the the tata maximus species found only in certain regions of the Khandar province.

Good for a laugh and might not come out all that bad.

8. jhoward

jhoward Member

Dignity? Think of the hit their dignity will take when you beat them with a pink gun!!

9. beretta682

beretta682 Member

i have also considered that, my friend. the guy who had it before me said thats part of the reason he did it ha

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Someone had a really cool 391 on here for sale that had a hydro dip film finish of some beautiful faux high grade wood...bet its really durable too

11. beretta682

beretta682 Member

I think im gonna go with the breast cancer thing, my great grandmother actually did have breast cancer so i could say its fo her.

12. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I like Pat's idea, the Shooters for Hooters is a good one