1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 Hinge Pin Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WarEagle2017, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I contacted Beretta in November to find out what their turn around time would be to routine maintiance on My 682, at that time they said that I would be better off wating until Feburary becaue they had a lot of Hunting guns in for repair and the turn around would be about 3 weeks so I choose to take their advice and wait , well i called Beretta here in Maryland the other day and they now tell Me that the turn around is now 8 to 10 weeks( To Long ) so I looking to do this work Myself, But there is one thing that I am not sure of and that is what Kind of tool is needed to remove the Hinge pins, I can see that there are grooves inside if the Hinge pins that somewhat resemble TORX but I know that it probaly is not as simple as that, does anyone out there know the name of the tool that I need to do this, I already know where to get the parts and i feel confident about replacing all of the springs it is just this tool that has me stumped.......

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hinge pins are far from normal maint

why do you think you need to replace the hinge pins?

one of the gunsmiths will have to answer here but the 682s I have had- earlier ones -- had what I remember as being normal hex recep

the barrel shoulders and I think the hinge pins were both designed to be user replaceable as I remember

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

You can get them from Cole gunsmithing for $21.20 each.

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

allen wrench

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Use a metric Allen wrench and swap them left-to-right and right-to-left. :^)

6. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Shooting Coach that sounds like a good Idea, I never gave that a thought, that should put the uncontacted surface in the opposite and correct position. I would send it to coles but I have aproblem sending my gun to Maine when I live only about 65 Miles from the beretta Plant in Accoteek Maryland.

7. spclays1

spclays1 TS Member

I find it hard to believe that they need replacing. I shot a Beretta 680 Skeet for many years, it was rebuilt 3 times at different major skeet shoots by Beretta. They never replaced the hinge pins. On the 3rd rebuild they told me it was time to replace the gun. I sold it to a North Mississippi shooter about 15 yrs ago. That gun is still shooting and won the 410 world championship 3 or 4 yrs ago with the original hinge pins.

8. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

spclays1,

Would you mind telling us what lube you used? It sure worked fine.

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

CMD Gun Lube and they will never wear out!

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hinge pins are threaded and can be removed with an Allen wrench, Some times alittle heat is needed to soften loctite.

11. BPSR

BPSR Member

spclays1
    How many rounds went thru your Beretta? I thought the way guys talked on here I should be able to shoot a Beretta my entire lifetime without worries, and pass it on to my son. I hope whoever bought the gun from you, that Beretta said needed replaced, got it for a good deal, seeings how it was "wore" out. lol

12. spclays1

spclays1 TS Member

FYI I used lubriplate. I don't know that it made any difference. About the only thing they replaced was the tapered locking cones that go from the reciever into the barrel. I was on the largest set they made. The barrel could have easily been reworked but it was time to move on to a newer 30" 682.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 682 hing pin

beretta 682 hinge pins
beretta hinge pin
berretta hinge pin cap
berretta hingepin
changing the hinge pins on beretta 682

replacing beretta hinge pins

reverse hinge pins beretta