1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esoxhunter, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I was shooting doubles with my 682. It worked well for about 40 rounds and then it would not fire the 2nd shot. (top Barrel) It has a double release trigger. After awhile I fired 6 rounds with the gun and it worked fine. Could it be just a cleaning issue or something more technical? Anyone run into this problem? I am thinking as it is recoil that sets the gun up for the second shot; this could be the source of the problem. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Ed

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I'd remove the stock and clean and inspect the action. It could be a worn or broken inertia block spring or crud built up in the inertia levers on the sides of the trigger block. JUST MY THOUGHTS.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Allem's converted mine to mechanical triggers as part of their Roller Release installation - perhaps you could have this done to yours.

Ed

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I took the stock off and sprayed the entire trigger mechanism with Gun Scrubber and then blew it out with compressed air. I did lightly oil the mechanism with Rem-Oil. Maybe I shouldn't have done that? Anyway I'll give her a test on Thursday. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.