1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 Greystone

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tangler, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tangler

Tangler TS Member

Thank you for all the input on my previous threat.....BT-99 Opinions.
    I have it narrowed down to a new BT-99 Grade III in 34" or for the same money I can get a very good condition Beretta 682 Greystone unisingle in 34". I am leaning toward the used Beretta given that I shoot a Beretta 687 SPII currently for hunting and sporting clays. Bombard me with your input and opinions. I am like any new buyer in a sport...my opinion is that of the last person I soke to. Can't decide between the two guns...like them both but favoring the Beretta. Bring it on....

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

No contest here, buy the Beretta. You can always buy a set of O'U barrels for it later when the bug really gets a hold of you.

Some will disagree with me, but the Beretta is a much better gun used than a 99 is new!

ec90t

3. Tangler

Tangler TS Member

Thank you that is what I am thinking...I am familiar with the Beretta receiver and I like the option of buying a O/U barrel should I want to shoot doubles. I am breaking 17-20 range with my Beretta 687 SPII and compensating, stock crawling and pointing vs. follow-through. Hope to improve that but understand that it is me and not the gun for the most part. Trying to talk myself into buying a gun...just want to buy the right and need to spend less than $2K.
    Mike

4. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Shoot them both. Whatever fits better is hands down your gun, no doubt about it! That should be the main, if not only, factor if you have narrowed it down to two.
    -Trappy

5. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I say get the Beretta. Then see if the 687 barrels will fit on the 682 and visa versa, if the unsingle barrel does not have a stepped rib. If they fit you may already have a combo. Be sure to check the Point of Impact.

At the least if the barrels will inter-change between the 687 and 682, you will have a back up for the 687, by also swapping the stock.

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 682 greystone trap

used beretta greystone