1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beretta 682 gold problem!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HUNTER64, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HUNTER64

HUNTER64 Member

I purchased a Beretta 682 gold a couple weeks ago. I shot 2 boxes thru the single and 2 boxes thru the over/under before I bought the gun used. This past weekend when I shot doubles I had the gun not fire the second shell 8 or 10 times. It always shoots the first shot it just does not cock for the second. I have shot 6 cases thru the top single with out a problem, it is just the over and under. I was thinking about taking it to the grand and letting Beretta give it a once over. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on what my problem may be?

Thank You in advance
    T.J.

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Is the gun never firing the second shot or is it intermittent?

3. tgs1420

tgs1420 TS Member

try shooting the other barrel first, I had mine changed to mechanical rather than inertia, Never had another problem.

4. samples

samples Member

Inertia Spring is probably broke. I have shot a 682 for over 15 years, replaced two of them. Tom Larkin Gunsmith will be at the Grand and He can fix it and reasonably-- Good Luck-

5. HUNTER64

HUNTER64 Member

The gun is doing it with either barrel first and is intermittent. It might shoot both shells 2 or 3 times and then it won't shoot the second.

Thanks for the replies already
    T.J.

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Do you pull the trigger several times and it still not work or do you open it after trying once. There is something called "boxing" the trigger which PerazziBigBore explained to me that I am not letting releasing the trigger enough before pulling it the second time. Maybe he can give a more detailed explanation of this.

7. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

You MIGHT be trapping the trigger as bigdogtx suggested, or it may simply need a cleaning and lubrication of the inertia block. That's about a 5 minute job once you have removed the buttstock. You don't have to remove anything from the action to do this. You can do it all by a little spraying of cleaner and lubricant.

Easystreet

8. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

IMHO, Berettas need to be converted to mechanical triggers. Coles up in Maine will take care of it for you. You can also go Beretta at the Grand and they could also convert the triggers (to mechanical) for you.

9. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Had same problem. Changed to mechanical triggers. Done. Nubs Wagner

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Allem's Guncraft converted my Joel Etchen 687 combo to mechanical triggers when they installed their Roller Releases - they said they do that whenever they do trigger work on a Beretta.

Interestingly, I have a shooting friend whose Etchen 687 came with mechanical triggers or else the inertia business wasn't set properly at the factory.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 682 problems

beretta gold e problemler